Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - eddie s

watch out for car dealers selling AA warrantys or any warranty they just use them to buy a car but they are not worth the paper its written on i bought a car from a dealer car only done 300 miles after buying it but notice nocking noise from N/S/F phoned AA they give me name of garage to take car and they said its top wishbone so i phoned AA and told them and they said its wear and tear how can it be wear and tear if i only done 300 miles on the car so they wouldnt repair it SO BE WARNED DONT BUY A CAR FROM DEALER WITH AA WARRANTY OR ANY WARRANTY DONT BE FOOLED THEY DONT WORK you think your getting piece of mind but your not you might find your not covered so read warranty terms and conditions before you buy a warranty if you buy one

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - daveyjp
You don't need the warranty. You may have rights under Sale of Goods if you bought from a dealer and the car has an existing fault.

the car dealer wont fix it he said it should be covered by warrantyand warranty wont fix it so i need to down the other route just aswell i paid by credit card hopefully have better luck going this way

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - TeeCee

It is wear and tear, over the life of the car!

IIRC you shouldn't be looking at the warranty anyway. If it's gone within 300 miles, the car was not fit for purpose as sold and the dealer should fix it.

they M.O.T the car and they said they serviced car and stamped the book but took car to another garage and they said it should'nt have went through M.O.T.i contacted garage and he said he wasnt going to fix it

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - daveyjp
Sounds like you bought from a dealer who doesn't accept his responsibilities as a trader. Not uncommon.

I know thats why i am trying to tell people to watch garages that sell AA warranty or any other warranty dont be fooled you be quicker just paying for the repair yourself rather having all the grief with them warranty all big con

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - Collos25

We all know after market warranties are not worth the paper they are printed on you should be taking action against the garage especially given the short time you have owned the vehicle.

I will stick to what i said before and dont buy AA WARRANTY they gave me permission to get car fixed so got car fixed paid for it by credit card and i phoned them up to find out where payment is and they told me they wont pay for allignment on car. The repair was a wishbone N.S.F so when they take off wishbone the allignment goes out so to do the repair they need to do the allignment but AA WARRANTY said it not covered they havent got a clue about fixing cars through warranty and wats involved in the repair and what they said to me makes me feel we to run about in a dangerous car SO BE WARNED AGAIN DONT BUY A AA WARRANTY OR YOU BE IN TROUBLE WITH YOUR CAR

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - Ethan Edwards

In your case perhaps a proper inspection and written report before purchase might have been more appropriate and or valuable. Ironically the AA will also do this (for cash) and to my mind the AA brand name is is being sullied by a offering a Warranty (on existing defective goods). Clearly a report such as this should be part of the AA brand package (for proper customer peace of mind).

Otherwise as you say having the AA's name tacked onto a lemon of a car is a waste of paper and as I say it tarnishes the trust people have in the AA brand....Anne care to comment on that?

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 09/01/2013 at 13:00

I went to mcconechy's got them to check it because i went to halfords auto centre who the AA deal with to inspect it but what ever they said to them the first time i had to get it checked out again so i went through a lot of grieve for them to say they are only paying for part of the repair the people behind the phone say they only there to deal with claim but how can they deal with claim when they dont know anything about cars no wonder you get a lot of problems off this warranty so i will say again DON'T BUY AA WARRANTY

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - MWD_CS

Hi,

My name is Anne Chadwick, I'm the Customer Service Manager at AA Warranty. If you have a complaint regarding the cover you have purchased or the way your claim was handled I'd be more than happy to look into it for you.

If you could email our Customer Service Department on the below email address with your vehicle registration number I can respond directly:

customerservices@aawarranty.co.uk

Kind regards,

Anne Chadwick

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - Armitage Shanks {p}

There's a result. AA read this forum and give contact details, got to be pleased with that!

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - Armitage Shanks {p}

Here is a statement of the law, covering your circumstances, this is not something the dealer can ignore, it is the law of the land.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 09/01/2013 at 13:54

I know but even that was a waste of time still having grieve of the AA so DONT BUY WARRANTY

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - tony g
Your determined just to use this forum to sully the AA.
Contact them as they suggest and see what they have to say ,give them a chance to put things right ,let the forum know what they say .

You should be aware that no warranty company will pay for worn items ,your complaint should be directed to the garage that sold you the car ,not the AA .
Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - Avant

On behalf of the forum, can i thank Anne Chadwick for her very helpful offer. Eddie S - can you let us know whether you have taken this up?

I DID CONTACT THEM THATS WHY I WAS BACK ON TO PUT IT ON I WAS STILL GETTING GRIEVE DID YOU READ ALL THE DISCUSSION I DID GIVE THEM THE CHANCE OK AND TO LET YOU KNOW THE PART WAS COVERED BY WARRANTY AND ITS MY RIGHT IF I WANT TO COME ON HERE TO SULLY THE AA IF I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TO LET OTHER PEOPLE KNOW

(Edit: this last comment has rightly been reported as offensive. Please moderate your language - otherwise it will have to be censored. And writing in capitals weakens your argument.)

Edited by Avant on 12/01/2013 at 19:23

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - daveyK_UK

Back to the original post.

You purchased a use Alfa Romeo...

what did you expect?

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - 72 dudes

I DID CONTACT THEM THATS WHY I WAS BACK ON TO PUT IT ON I WAS STILL GETTING GRIEVE DID YOU READ ALL THE DISCUSSION I DID GIVE THEM THE CHANCE OK AND TO LET YOU KNOW THE PART WAS COVERED BY WARRANTY AND ITS MY RIGHT IF I WANT TO COME ON HERE TO SULLY THE AA IF I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TO LET OTHER PEOPLE KNOW

Reading your post from 9/01/13, you say that the AA paid for the replacement wishbone but not the alignment, correct?

So on what basis did the Customer Service Manager turn down your claim that the alignment was part of the repair? And how much did you pay for the alignment?

Edited by 72 dudes on 11/01/2013 at 12:27

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - petemal74

Dear Anne,

I fought in court against injustice and your recommended AA garage. I have never had a chance to talk to AA Customer Service at any point. The matter were dealt by Motorways Direct which is an agent acting on behalf of the AA (I guess). I spent 3 years to take matter finally to court over the subject which could be easily resolved by AA. I won the case in June 2012 and sent a letter to Motorways Direct for reimbursement (AA warranty cost) almost immediately. There is no reply to this day. And in fact your recommended garage broke my car beyond any repair, they misled me and lied to me on many occasions, they failed to communicate effectively, they failed to find the cause of failure of my car (they were not capable to deal with the repair), they ruined the car by storing the parts incorrectly, they lost some parts so inspection was invalid, they caused my claim to be rejected and they in fact lost the case in court. All of that because I was left by The AA to deal with the garage on my own. All of that because you as a Seller of the Policy you failed me as a Customer, because you have had no control over your subcontracting garage and you as The AA haven`t showed any compassion nor desire to resolve the problem.

I`m feel extremely disappointed. I will never ever buy any AA Warranty and I will strongly discourage any one to do so. In fact I`m in the process of creating a Facebook Group which will create strong customer awareness about such policies and basically I will strongly advise to avoid them.

Regards

Piotr Malecki

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - injection doc

WOW !

May be its time for me to cancel mine !

Hi,

I don`t think you will be able to do it. At the early time of my case I had to purchase a new car. Basically the garage could not complete inspection and check-up procedures to establish a cause of failure. So I went to Cargiant. They sold me a car and the policy (silly me again). I was not aware of what was ahead of me. So for a piece of mind I bought the policy with the car. I rang them after 2 months to cancel and I could not. You have 30 days to do it if I correctly remember.

So you can cancel your policy but you cannot get your money back.

Regards

Piotr

Alfa Romeo 147 - AA warranty - Avant

I presume you've also sent this directly to Anne Chadwick (customerservices@aawarranty.co.uk).

Do please let us know if you get a reply. Anne - if you see this you are welcome to summarise your reply on here if appropriate.

Avant (moderator)

Dear Avant,

Yes i did send an email to Anne as well. In fact I doubt there will be any reply. I also mentioned in my earlier letter sent by my solicitor, after the completion of my case, about my suspicions that my policy was manipulated. During the course of the court case I discovered there was a claim record against my name. Where in fact I was not claiming any repairs during the ownership of the car and the policy.

I`m very concerned about what happened to me and about the fact that the AA Extended Warranty Policies are missold to many customers.

Kindest regards

Piotr

Dear Mr Malecki,

Further to your below email I have reviewed the file held on this matter. I apologise that you have suffered inadequate service with the repairer used, however as you quite correctly state, this matter was resolved between yourself and the repairer through the appropriate channels.

In respect of your comments that you had not received a response to correspondence, sent to us in June 2012, I can confirm our last contact with anyone regarding this was a request from your solicitor received 9th November 2011 to provide details of conversations with the repairer. This was compiled and provided 15 th November 2011.

I cannot agree that we, at Motorway Direct, have either failed you as seller of the cover nor shown no attempt to resolve. The Dealer Care Extended Guarantee was provided by Essex Saab with your vehicle at point of purchase, this product is the dealers Guarantee on your vehicle which was administered by us on their behalf. The cover was not sold by us and, furthermore, we have made numerous attempts to progress a claim for you however were unable to do in line with the terms of the dealer’s Guarantee.

Taking the above into account, and considering the matter has reached resolution in court, whilst I appreciate how difficult this time has been for you I can see nothing we can provide in order to assist further.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Fitzgerald

Customer Service Team Leader

Dear Mr Fitzgerald,

I would like to start with thanking you for a very prompt reply. I hope you do not mind if we continue our conversation on “HonestJohn Forum” so other existing policy holders and future policy buyers can follow it.

I agree with you that using “appropriate channels” was right to resolve this matter with your Nominee Repair Centre. The Verdict of HM Court of Justice brought a lot of satisfaction as I proved in court that your Nominee Repair Centre was wrong on several counts. I would like to just bring some of them:

· Failure to provide satisfactory service

· Providing misleading information

· Carrying jobs without authorisation

· Failure to provide invoice for work carried

· Loosing/hiding car parts which were vital to obtain a cause of failure and which were not available for the inspector.

I would like to bring also to your attention quote from the policy booklet which says:

“In addition, the Nominee Repair Centre Network has been chosen because of the standard and quality of their operations”

I think HM Court of Justice verified that statement in June 2012.

I strongly disagree with your comment: I can confirm our last contact with anyone regarding this was a request from your solicitor received 9th November 2011 to provide details of conversations with the repairer. This was compiled and provided 15 th November 2011.” as my solicitor send you another letter in the summer of 2012 on the Court Case completion. We are still awaiting your reply.

I strongly disagree with your comment: “I cannot agree that we, at Motorway Direct, have either failed you as seller of the cover nor shown no attempt to resolve. The Dealer Care Extended Guarantee was provided by Essex Saab with your vehicle at point of purchase, this product is the dealers Guarantee on your vehicle which was administered by us on their behalf. The cover was not sold by us and, furthermore, we have made numerous attempts to progress a claim for you however were unable to do in line with the terms of the dealer’s Guarantee. to support that please refer to facts below:

· In my recent communication from summer 2012 (date to be confirmed) I have also raised another very important issue with my policy. There was a claim on my policy for Fuel Injection Pump. It only came to my attention when I received my Inspection Report through post in 2011(please refer to page 2 of Dekkra Report). I`m asking The AA/Motorways Direct again for full details of this claim as It was not me who made the claim in December 2008. It is a crucial piece of information which is still kept away from me and in my view could have made a positive impact on my claim in 2009.

· I would like to bring to your attention another fact. In the correspondence to Geoff Nolan from 11/10/2011 I requested information about why it took 2 years to send me Dekkra Inspection Report which was done by Dekkra on 4/08/2009. Has Motorways Direct ever answered that question? Answer to this question is very important to me.

· In July 2009 you acknowledged first problems with your Nominee Repair Centre because of my first concerns I shared with The AA/Motorway Direct Customer Service. You failed to support me. I called and complaint about lack of progress. In my opinion my car should have been moved to another Nominee Repair Centre.

· On 4/08/2009 you acknowledged another problem which appeared after inspection carried on my vehicle. There was some parts missing which made inspection inconclusive and therefore my claim was rejected. Yet again I felt let down and left without any support from The AA/Motorways Direct. It was another signal that the Nominee Repair Centre is not capable to carry any work on my car. In my opinion it should have rang another warning bell and car should have been moved to another Nominee Repair Centre.

· In September 2009 I requested my car to be moved as there were trust issues between myself and your Nominee Repair Centre. You Nominee Repair Centre lost parts which were crucial for inspection. They could not find any way to progress with initial inspection. Car had been left in the yard with all parts inside on seats which caused further damage to interior. Further work had been carried without my authorisation. I wanted to proceed with claim but in another Nominee Repair Centre. Please may you kindly advise me where were your support then? You left me again without support. I refused to pay for release fee for work carried as it was unauthorised and with unsatisfactory service. The only choice was to take action through “appropriate channels”.

· In Year 2009 I made another complaint and this time I did it through“appropriate channels” and amazingly you sent me a letter about my claim being reinstated as a goodwill gesture for all my inconveniences.

· On 14 th November 2009 (email to Simon Short) I demanded all details of Dekkra Report in writing. Report came through the post in October 2011 only because I used as you wrote ““appropriate channels” and the court order were issued.

All above are facts and in my opinion The AA/Motorways Direct showed lack of customer care in my case. In fact to this day I have not received any apology letter or compensation of any kind from The AA/Motorways Direct. After 3 years long legal battle I proved your Nominee Repair Centre they were wrong. It is your Nominee Repair Centre which held my car in ransom without any legal right to do so. It is your Nominee Repair Centre which I had to battle in court for 3 years and I had to spend over £6000 in legal fees. It is your Nominee Repair Centre Network so you should take direct responsibility for their actions. It is your obligation to us as customers who pay hundreds of pounds for policies which in fact are worthless.

I strongly claim that The AA/Motorways Direct failed to provide satisfactory level of customer care.

I again strongly demand the following information to be provided:

· Written fully investigated details of fraudulent claim made in 2008. Please state: who authorised it, who made a claim, which Nominee Repair Centre carried the work, what car work was carried on etc.

· Clear answers why The AA failed to provide any details of The Dekkra Report for over 2 years after it was requested.

I hope to receive a prompt reply.

Kindest regards

Piotr Malecki

Dear All,

please firnd below reply from Anne Chadwick. It came through to my personal email and it supposed to be published on this forum on last Friday. Unfortunately it is down to me to do it on Ms Chadwick behalf. I will post my reply shortly. Regards Piotr Malecki

"Dear Mr Malecki,

Following your recent email I have reviewed the file and wish to respond to the points raised. Should you wish to post this discussion on any forum we are, of course, happy for you to do so provided it is posted in its entirety.

Firstly I would like to place on record that the findings of the court are relevant only to actions taken by the repairer, who is no longer part of our recommended network following your claim, and previous experience with them had raised no cause for concern.

I can confirm we have not received the correspondence to which you refer throughout your email from summer 2012, should we have had sight of this a response would have been issued.

In respect of the fraudulent claim for a fuel pump to which you refer, I have searched our records and there is no such claim on file. On review of the report which brought this to your concern, it is surmised the assessor may have been provided with evidence to support that this repair had been carried out. However, no claim was submitted against the Guarantee for its replacement.

As standard claims procedure, assessment reports are not provided as is generally unnecessary. I apologise this was not confirmed when you raised the query by email.

In respect of the points raised regarding your opinion the vehicle should have been relocated to an alternative repairer, this is of course your right to do so and we would not object to such a request. We may, however, advise that this may not be cost effective as the initial repairer may request payment for the labour time spent on the vehicle whilst with them.

I note you state that you have made more than one complaint and that our offer to contribute towards repairs was made following the second complaint. This is incorrect as your complaint to us was logged in September 2009 and the offer made the same month. We have no record of any request to be provided with assessment reports at this juncture.

I wish to reiterate I cannot agree with your claims that we have failed to provide service to you. I accept a repairer, who was part of our recommended repairer network at the time, has clearly provided poor service and for this I apologise.

However, as mentioned previously we were not aware prior to your case of any cause to remove the repairer from the recommended network.

I also confirm the assessment report details were provided to you at our first noted request, however should a previous request have been made and not been accommodated I apologise for this. It is not by any means standard practice to provide assessment reports without request; however we would not refuse to do so.

In conclusion, whilst we appreciate your experience with the recommended repairer was less than acceptable this has been resolved through action taken by you. Should you remain dissatisfied with the Guarantee provided by your selling dealer please accept this as our final decision and, in line with the complaints procedure detailed in your guarantee booklet, please refer to Essex Saab direct.

Yours sincerely,

Anne Chadwick

Customer Services Manager "

Dear Mr Malecki,

Further to your below email I have reviewed the file held on this matter. I apologise that you have suffered inadequate service with the repairer used, however as you quite correctly state, this matter was resolved between yourself and the repairer through the appropriate channels.

In respect of your comments that you had not received a response to correspondence, sent to us in June 2012, I can confirm our last contact with anyone regarding this was a request from your solicitor received 9th November 2011 to provide details of conversations with the repairer. This was compiled and provided 15 th November 2011.

I cannot agree that we, at Motorway Direct, have either failed you as seller of the cover nor shown no attempt to resolve. The Dealer Care Extended Guarantee was provided by Essex Saab with your vehicle at point of purchase, this product is the dealers Guarantee on your vehicle which was administered by us on their behalf. The cover was not sold by us and, furthermore, we have made numerous attempts to progress a claim for you however were unable to do in line with the terms of the dealer’s Guarantee.

Taking the above into account, and considering the matter has reached resolution in court, whilst I appreciate how difficult this time has been for you I can see nothing we can provide in order to assist further.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Fitzgerald

Customer Service Team Leader