Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - paul97

Hi

I have a 3 year old Fiesta as was thinking of using a fuel treatment to clean the whole system, but after doing a little searching a product can have 5* and the next review 1*.

Is there a product that has been proven to work........

Cheers

Paul

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - Falkirk Bairn

A tank or 2 of Shell V-power or BP Ultimate every so often - car runs quieter but the fuel comnsumption is about the same/marginally better.

Costs 6-10p per litre more depending on where you buy.

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - skidpan

Standard pump fuel from either branded garages or supermarkets complies with the BS required by law. Its all I used for almost 40 years.

Additives are simply a way of making money form a gullible public.

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - bathtub tom

Snake oil! 100% effective in lining the pockets of whoever sells it.

Wanna buy some? I can let you have a large economy size (1 Gill) for fifty quid. ;>)

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - unthrottled

Wanna buy some? I can let you have a large economy size (1 Gill) for fifty quid. ;>

Tom, where are you finding all these snakes? I went out of business selling snake oil because I ciuldn't find enough.

If you're at a loose end, wandering round the automotive accessories section of the supermarket is an entertaining way of whiling away time. The pseudo science on some of these products is quite incredible.

My favourite is Evans' 'waterless coolant'. It's just neat antifreeze and it's heat transfer properties compared to water are truly awful . Yet it promises to cure overheating problems! It's endorsed by Jay leno-so it must be good...

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - Collos25

Its amazing what some people will waste their hard earned money on.

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - injection doc

Paul, if you want a trade one that does what it says on the tin then ring this guy.

I have used his products for 20+ years and he's still going strong as it does work.

www.findagarage4u.co.uk/Garage/99

or google "Injection Cleaner seaford"

An injection cleaner might well clean dirty injectors but it can't do anything for clean ones! OP, is there actually a symptom with the car or are you trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist?

Looks like I have upset a few people with my post, but thanks for all the advice especially injection doc, will take a look at their products.

Cheers

Paul

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - Armitage Shanks {p}

I don't think you have. Very few of these potions come out well in road tests conducted by reputable organisations or magazines. I think people were trying to save you 6p/litre. Yiu will almost certainly find that your car handbook specifically says do not use additives and they must mean it as they do not say "Use them but only the one we sell"

To be fair, sometimes 'treatments' have their place-but only when used in specific circumstances. A good example would be flushing oils. They're very good at cleaning out oil galleries clogged with sludge. But you wouldn't drive around with a flushing oil as 'insurance' because they won't lubricate the engine properly. Engines, like people, do not benefit from unnecessary medication.

Ford Fiesta - Fuel Treatments is there a Good un - RT

Engines, like people, do not benefit from unnecessary medication.

An excellent metaphor - must remember it.

Edited by RT on 08/12/2012 at 19:46

Fair point......will keep my money for somthing else.

Thanks all

Paul