town & City Parking - monarchmel

I recently received a window places fine from Town & City Parking for parking outside the white lines. I(after reading advise give for a similar case on Honest John site) ignored it and gave no response I have now had a second letter advising I now owe £60 wit threats of court or debt recovery! I have again not responded in any way. The Car park is servicing the Birchwood Shopping Centre Nr Warrington Cheshire Which has a large ASDA outlet.

The area where I parked had no markings and was not in any way obstructing throughways. Since the fine they have now hatched the area with Yellow lines. (fair enough) Am I doing the correct thing or should I pay up??

town & City Parking - Bromptonaut

Date of alleged infringement?

town & City Parking - daveyjp
Date changes very little, you are still free to ignore everything sent by someone trying to scam money out of you.
town & City Parking - Dwight Van Driver

One has to ask onces self if I do not pay will they chase the Reg Keeper to County Court for the sum demanded which by this time will have lost the reduced payment for quick resolve.??????????

If you can be assured of that then do not reply or take any action until the County Court summons is received.

We are in early days regarding the new rules which were obviously changed to cater for chasing transgressors. I doubt such companies are going to roll over as they seemed to do in the old days for now they have a body to chase by law. We shall see..

dvd

town & City Parking - Bromptonaut
Date changes very little, you are still free to ignore everything sent by someone trying to scam money out of you.

In cases before 01/10/2012 that's a safe option as they're unlikley to be able to identify the driver. If the allegation arose after 01/10 then the landholder can pursue the keeper in the County Court irrespective of whether or not he was driving.

Advice above is only good then if you're convinced you can win in CC. Ignoring won't help; you'll need a defence good enough to either (a) convince the claimant to withdraw or (b) win in front of the District Judge.

Until there is some case law from the courts and decided cases from the adjudicator it's all a bit fluid.