Anything - Dvla messed up big time - asdfg12345
Can any help me out?

Sold a car 2 years ago which was subsequently involved in a accident by the new owners. Sold the car to a trader so they took log book and i kept small counterpart which was sent off by myself. I also sent DVLA a letter about 3 weeks later as had not received confirmation to say that the vehicle was taken off my name, in the letter told DVLA new owners details and date of sale. Unfortunately forgot about this situation as you would and cannot find the copy of this letter.

Problem is now MIB have come back to investigate and advise that the car was still registered to me. I have told them that i sold the car. Requested through v888 form when the vehicle was taken off my name and they took it off nearly 2 months after date of sale. What do i do with the DVLA now?

Seems cause of them (dvla) i am now being pursued for something i did not do. Luckily i still have details of who i sold the vehicle to as i had to send correspondence to some third parties 2 years ago but cant find the receipt. It seems that someone has fraudulently provided my details and disappeared.

Biggest problem is what do i do with the DVLA now?

Anything - Dvla messed up big time - BigJohnD

Send complaints to the Customer Services Manager, DVLA, Swansea. SA7 0EE.

Alternatively the ‘make a complaint’ online form can be completed at emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/dvla/en...l. The DVLA aims to answer complaints within two weeks.

Motorists who are still not happy after the initial response should write to the DVLA’s chief executive Simon Tse at DVLA Swansea, SA6 7JL. Again, allow two weeks for a response.

The chief executive can refer the matter to an independent complaints assessor if you request this. The assessor can look at matters involving poor service, incorrect advice or unreasonable delay.

You can also complain to your MP and they can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, whose decisions are not legally binding but are invariably followed. Compensation can be recommended.

Anything - Dvla messed up big time - asdfg12345
Hi john,

If i make a complaint will they review it and correct the details to which should have been applied 2 years ago?

Thanks
Anything - Dvla messed up big time - BigJohnD

I can't guarantee the outcome, but what I posted is where to start.

Edited by BigJohnD on 01/12/2012 at 11:53