What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - daveyK_UK

I know the skoda superb is highly rated (84cm), the citroen berlingo/peugeot partner is the best rear leg room in the mpv van come car market (74 cm).

I also understand the mondeo is one of the best as well (78 cm) and the nissan note is meant to be the best small car for rear leg room (74 cm).

What are the current top 10 of new cars?

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - Mike H

I read somewhere, I think on this site that the Hyundai i40 challenges the Superb for rear legroom. Not been in a Superb, but the Mondeo is truly amazing for rear seat legroom.

Edited by Mike H on 18/11/2012 at 18:55

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - daveyjp
Considering the length of the car the B class is excellent.
What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - Happy Blue!

I should hope so. The current Mondeo is huge.

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - TeeCee

>> Not been in a Superb, but the Mondeo is truly amazing for rear seat legroom.

I have, I tend to fly to Prague regularly and the airport taxi is usually a Superb. They are absolutely cavernous in the back, considerably more room than a Mondeo and well into limousine levels of accomodation.

Only drawback I've found is that the ones with the panoramic roof fitted are rather short on headroom.

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - Steamdrivenandy

I think I remember reading that the old Merc A Class LWB had more rear leg room than the S Class of a similar vintage.

And for something left field try a Horizons Unlimited Innovation or Cavarno which are campervans based on the Ford Transit and built in Tamworth. Both models have two swivelling front seats and two properly belted seats in the rear with a central gangway between. The rear seats slide down to the horizontal to make a bench/bed. When upright in seat mode the legroom is enormous and behind them you have kitchen, wardrobe and on board shower/loo room. The seats can be supplied in normal Ford trim or in full leather.

Edited by Steamdrivenandy on 18/11/2012 at 21:15

im thinking

1st - skoda superb

2nd - ford mondeo

3rd -

4th -

5th -

6th -

7th -

8th -

9th -

10th -

The new ford focus hatchback is appauling, only 66 cm! Vauxhall Insignia hatchback and the Audi A4 saloon are both only 71cm.

The BMW 5 series saloon only 72cm.

The Citroen C5 saloon is 74cm, the Land Rover freelander only 69cm.

Peugeot 3008 mpv is only 69cm, the 5008 mpv is is also only 69cm.

And im not sure if this is right, by whatcar reckons the Perodua Myvi has 90cm!

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - bear807
How about the Lexus ls600hl? I think it has a 93cm rear leg space! The Audi a8l has Almost 109cm as well!

Edited by bear807 on 20/11/2012 at 09:23

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - ripjean

Is the stated rear legroom with drivers seat fully push backed and at its lowest position or does it assume that the drivers seat is somewhere in the middle?

Edited by ripjean on 20/11/2012 at 13:36

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - skidpan

Link removed

Will someone please get rid of the scum. How many users have been affected already.

We keep disabling the account, but there is nothing stop him signing up with a new user name. Boris

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 21/11/2012 at 16:15

What are the top 10 cars for rear leg room space? - skidpan

Legroom is one thing but in a tall car with a high seating position you can get away with less legroom since you do not need to stretch out as far. We had a Mondeo which was huge but our current Kia Ceed SW is just as comfortable to ride in since you sit with your legs in a much more upright position. It does not look anywhere near as good on paper but in the real world it is just as spacious.

Which explains why in th back of a Citroen Berlingo feels alot bigger than a ford mondeo, ett the actual figures it is smaller.

The same with the Fiat Qubo, feels alot bigger than a Ford Focus, yet on official figures it is 7cm shorter.

Ironically, our 6 foot 2 plus staff can sit comfortably in the back of a Qubo but not in the back of a new ford focus.