ford focus 1.8 tdci 2002-03 - non starter - karl stanley

car run fine until friday. went to start it on saturday it started then cut out straight away done this twice. then would not start again. car turns over tries to start but wont. was told it was the glow plugs changed them car still wont start. aa recovery called monday pluged it into diagnostic and told me the fuel was not getting to the injectors. he sprayed easy start into car it started then cut out. aa man said it was the lift pump in the tank. took car to local garage got a new lift pump fitted still does not start. was told it was an electrical fault i am in liverpool and cant get a mobile auto electrician to come out. any advice would be gratefully accepted at this time because i need car for work as i start early in the morning and its too cold to walk thanks.

ford focus 1.8 tdci 2002-03 - non starter - BenG

Try replacing the cam sensor? When mine failed, the engine stopped suddenly and would not restart although the engine would turn over on the starter normally.

The cam sensors are known to fail on this engine. It's easy to replace as it's the black plastic sensor with a light grey plug attached, on top of the cam cover. Costs about 20 quid I seem to recall.

thanks will try that on monday . as i am useless at anything mechanical i will have look it upon the internet.

i hae already had the lift pump changed and it was not that as the power is still not getting to the pump.

will keep you informed on the outcome.

ford focus 1.8 tdci 2002-03 - non starter - drogers

I had same problem with a 2003 1.8TDCI the Ford garage treid everything to get it to start and when I collected the car the bill was £1952

A week later the same fault happened, this went on for 6 months and the Ford dealer could not solve the fact it wouldnt start every now and again and I had to get RAC to tow me in

I went to trading standards and got most of my money back

I ended up trading it for a petrol focus and the ford dealer who gave me a good trade in sent ti to auction.

So beware it could be a real painlike mine was

Car got scrapped in the end thanks for the replies guys