Ford Mondeo - Anyone still go the auctions? ford mondeo prices - daveyK_UK

I am almost certain I am not alone in avoiding auctions inparticular BCA and manheim with their ridiculous buyers fees.

However, my friend is after a petrol new shape mondeo. He is not fussed if its the 1.6 or the 2.0, but it has to be the new shape.

The question is as follows?

What is the cheapest you have seen them going for?

After much persistence, the Ford dealer in Coventry stated he has seen high mileage edge trim examples as low as £2,200.

Is this correct? Any cheaper?

Thanks.

And yes, he should use auctionview and go and find out for himself.

Ford Mondeo - Anyone still go the auctions? ford mondeo prices - pd

Cheapest listed in past sales at Manheim is about £3k for 2007/08 examples with about 100k.

You might see the odd one go for less which is tatty and done 150k but they're not regularly below 2.5k yet.

Last of the old shape on an 07 are topping out at about 2000-2500 with about 60k miles.

Many Thanks.

they are such an under-rated car, £3k with 100k on the clock is a bargain

Ford Mondeo - Anyone still go the auctions? ford mondeo prices - Roly93

I am almost certain I am not alone in avoiding auctions inparticular BCA and manheim with their ridiculous buyers fees.

I used to use BCA lots back in the 90's but as you say their increasingly grabby and anti public practises has made me probably never use them again.

I agree with your strategy to buy the Mondeo though, great cars for the money.

UPDATE

He went to BCA Blackbushe and BCA Peterborough, the stock at the Peterborough sale was scruffy so did not buy.

There where two cars at Blackbushe which caught his eye, but when he worked out the total cost including buyers fee, DVLA V5 fee, etc they worked out as more expensive than he could buy it for from the trader/ebay.etc.

He ended up buying an 3 year old 2.0 edge hatch on a 10 plate with 104,000 miles on the clock, 1 owner, full history for £3,500.

Ford Mondeo - Anyone still go the auctions? ford mondeo prices - Happy Blue!

Phew 104,000 miles on a 10 plate- that is serious motoring. Has that been anywhere other than on a motorway?