audi a4 vw passat - revving engine to check diesel emissions for mot - tester0033

Late models audi vw etc how to rev engine to check smoke emissions for mot test.Have done several lately and engine will not rev above 1000 revs so smoke meter cannot detect emissions. Earlier vans Merc vito I think gave instuctions to overide anti rev system but I have been unsuccessful with audi and vw. Can anyone help please. Not a good move to ring vosa helpdesk if we can avoid it. Tester 0033.

audi a4 vw passat - revving engine to check diesel emissions for mot - Roly93

Late models audi vw etc how to rev engine to check smoke emissions for mot test.Have done several lately and engine will not rev above 1000 revs so smoke meter cannot detect emissions. Earlier vans Merc vito I think gave instuctions to overide anti rev system but I have been unsuccessful with audi and vw. Can anyone help please. Not a good move to ring vosa helpdesk if we can avoid it. Tester 0033.

Are you sure you dont mean 2000 revs ?

Both of my A4's were like this and I assumed it was a safety feature to elliminate no-load over-revving of engine.

audi a4 vw passat - revving engine to check diesel emissions for mot - tester0033

Yes it is more like 2000 revs now I think about it.The problem we have is that the mot test smoke meter cannot detect any smoke at these low revs so a reading cannot be printed out, for our records.The engines run so clean that even the inside of some of the exhaust pipes is unbelievably soot free.As with BMW, Mercedes etc. but at least we can rev them up enough to get a reading

audi a4 vw passat - revving engine to check diesel emissions for mot - injection doc

as an MOT tester you should know what to do and what you enter on the advise sheet.

Need to read your updates on your terminal