Deals Of The Week

How To Drive Native Copym

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

Nissan Almera - Replacing a cd player - E17latic

I've got a 2005 Nissan Almera with a cd stuck in the cd player. I took it to Halford's, they couldn't replace it because the controls for the stereo also control the heater/air con. I've tried everything I can think of to get it out and failed. I rang the main dealer to ask how much it would cost to replace it; £600!

Any ideas what I should do?

Tags: technical issues cd player air conditioning legal and consumer advice repairs

Nissan Almera - Replacing a cd player - Falkirk Bairn

Hum!

Nissan Almera - Replacing a cd player - Collos25

You have a number of choices you can pay the dealer prices you can go on ebay there are plenty of secondhand items available or you could buy a standard radio cd and a new aftermarket radio fascia again available very cheaply on ebay.

Nissan Almera - Replacing a cd player - McP

Try Clarion Service. Around £100 to repair this problem on the Primera of the same age.

Your radio will be coded to the car. A used radio would need to be reset by Nissan, Clarion or some Audio repairers.

Nissan Almera - Replacing a cd player - Collos25

100ukps for that you can buy a brand new radio cd with bluetooth mp3 and the full fitting kit and a second hand cd units are around 25ukps with another 25 to code it in.

Nissan Almera - Replacing a cd player - McP

If you know about Nissan Almera N16 audio from this era, then I stand corrected. I am not familiar with the Almera

I have experience of the 2002 onwards Primera audio. They are NATS coded to the ECU but not by inputting a code. Used units have to be virginised by Clarion, Nissan or Audio shops with the right kit. If not, a Secure message will appear. Typically £40 upwards.

If it is the CY450, there is one on ebay for £50 with warranty that has been reset, so should plug in and pair itself with the ECU.

Nissan Almera - Replacing a cd player - greg00412

Hello all,

Complete technophobe but here goes...

I have a 2003 Almera DCI and there has been a disc stuck in the dash cd player since i got the car. Wasn't an issue as it has a 6 disc changer, but lately that seems to be on the blink.

Can someone tell me my options? I'd like to put in a new head unit with mp3 connectivity but not sure if this is possible? The slot which the cd player sits in currently looks a little narrow?

Also, even if it does fit, would there be an issue with heating system as it all seems connected and above posts have me slightly worried.

Thanks,

Greg

Join the discussion

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube