Ford Focus 1.8 tddi - focus 1.8 tddi low oil pressure - FOCUSTDDI

Hi im having problems with my focus tddi, when on the way up to running temperature the oil light flickers and then on fully at running temperature, oil and oil filter change was about 2000-3000 miles ago, took it to the local garage and they said the switch is fine and had an oil pressure test done which confirmed low pressure, iv now had a new oil pump fitted and iv still got the same problem, the oil pickup doesn't seem blocked either. This could be coincidence but there is a lack of power as if the turbo isnt working even tho i can hear it and when idling there is alot of rattling. Any help is much appreciated.

Ford Focus 1.8 tddi - focus 1.8 tddi low oil pressure - bathtub tom

A TDDI's getting a little long in the tooth now, what's its age, mileage and service history?

Ford Focus 1.8 tddi - focus 1.8 tddi low oil pressure - FOCUSTDDI

A TDDI's getting a little long in the tooth now, what's its age, mileage and service history?

its a 1999, 151000 and have only had it a year im not 100% on the service history

Ford Focus 1.8 tddi - focus 1.8 tddi low oil pressure - Collos25

The light is doing is doing what it there for telling you it has low oil pressure confirmed by a garage only real cure is another engine.

Ford Focus 1.8 tddi - focus 1.8 tddi low oil pressure - Peter D
Did they check the oil pressure relief valve and spring. Regards Peter
Ford Focus 1.8 tddi - focus 1.8 tddi low oil pressure - Peter.N.

If the turbo bearings have failed the oil could be bypassing them and flowing straight back to the sump but I would have thought you would have had blue exhaust smoke as well.