GGG SE Copy (1)

Deals Of The Week

Native Subscribe5

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

vauxhall corsa y reg - fan blower - joewright

fan has failed to work from setting 1 to 4 progressively and now has stopped working completly

Tags: technical issues air conditioning electrical faults repairs

vauxhall corsa y reg - fan blower - elekie&a/c doctor

The fan motor and speed resistor can be accessed from the passenger footwell,behind the glove box.If the fan is not working at all,you need to check the 2 pin connector attached to the motor housing.It is not uncommon for this connector to overheat/burn out.It can be cut out and the wires joined directly.I think the wier clours are brown and green/blue.The speed resistor sits at the bottom of the heater box and can be accessed by pulling back the carpet at the front of the centre console.hth

thanks for this information it's my grandaughters car, so i am going to look at it later cheers for now

checked brown, green wires and connector ok I forgot to mention, before I posted the problem I looked in drivers handbook for a fuse and it seems as though it is not protected by a fuse. can you advise on next step please. cheers

vauxhall corsa y reg - fan blower - elekie&a/c doctor

Fuse 45 (30amp green)in the engine bay fuse box supplies the fan switch,to the speed resistor,and then to the motor.Put a meter /test light across the brown and green wires to check voltage supply,with switch on max.I think you will find this is one of the larger "maxi" fuses

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 07/09/2012 at 18:40

found fuse ok, can I assume power is onto unit till I can test it tomorrow if power is on would it point to blower motor

how likely is it that it might be the carbon brushes

would the resistor be variable ?

vauxhall corsa y reg - fan blower - McP

Blower resistors normally have 3 fixed resistors.

On speed 4 the resistor is bypassed. Full 12V applied to the blower.

On speed 1 to 3, 12V is passed through the resistor pack to lower the voltage applied to the blower.

Is the blower working on position 4?

no the blower packed in progressively losing setting one, then two then three and eventually four but each setting blew a small amount of air,Now the blower does'nt work on any setting . I have had the glove box out ,and tried the blower on all settigs not a murmer!!

what sort of a job is it to remove and split the blower i can see screw heads and hex. headed screws / bolts? and snap connections. can't see what is round the back i presume some kind of pushfit connection , not screws, as access is tight

vauxhall corsa y reg - fan blower - McP

Remove the glovebox 4 screws possibly torx screws

4 x screws/bolts holding the fan in place.

Have a search on google images for corsa c blower motor.

Some reasonable prices (from £15) on ebay for replacement blower motors.

thanks for taking time, I really do appreciate the help I have been given.I can't praise this sight enough, this is the third time I have been helped, so thanks once again .CHEERS!!!

Join the discussion

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube