Peugeot 309 stuck rear door - John F
It is stuck in the locked position and cannot be unlocked from inside or outside! Cannot remove trim without opening the door - a real catch 22 situation! Do I have to open the front door and remove the hinges?
Has anyone come across this before and found any easy solution?

I would be very grateful for any ideas and suggestions.
Peugeot 309 stuck rear door - Andrew-T
Any way to the lock mechanism with the window wound down?
Peugeot 309 stuck rear door - IanT
On my 309 it should be possible to remove the door trim while the door is locked. But mine is a 1987 GLD, so may have less trim than yours.

If the fault is due to the linkages between the lock and the interior door handle and/or push button, this will probably be enough.

But if the fault is internal to the lock mechanism, I don't see how to fix it. The lock is held in place by screws which you can only reach with the door open. Even if the door is off its hinges, it might still be well and truly stuck onto the striker plate on the pillar - these are meant to be "anti-burst" locks!

There is an unlikely possibility that the problem is associated with the child-proof switch. It might just be possible to flick this up and down from inside the car. Check the position of the switch on the other door.

Use WD-40 on everything - especially using the long-reach tubing from outside the car to get it into the lock mechanism.

Have someone pull on the door handle from the outside while you use your shoulder on the door from the inside. You will get more leverage that way. And it might just be enough if the problem is corrosion in the lock. (But if your door is rotting as well, it might open the door and leave the lock behind still attached to the bodywork!)

Ian
Peugeot 309 stuck rear door - Peter D
Sounds like the link rod has fallen off. Go to a scrap yard and take the trim off a similiar model. Study what you see and made a lifter from a coat hanger and pratice activating the lock through the wound down window gap then go to your car and trigger the lock. Good Luck. P.S. do not let the police see you open the car you may get nicked Ha Ha. regards Peter
Peugeot 309 stuck rear door - Dave_TD
Just park it somewhere, anywhere, and go buy another one for 50 quid. That's what everyone around here does with 309s...
Peugeot 309 stuck rear door - Andrew-T
John - I've no direct experience of 309 doors, but plenty of 205's. If the trim is similar it should be possible for a contortionist to prise off the inside panel with the door shut, given a suitable tool. First remove window winders, handle bezels, and any other loose plastic bits. Then find (or make) something like a paint scraper but bent at 90°, and hook it under the edges of the trim, starting at the bottom (may help to remove seat first).

[ If trim isn't similar, ignore all this ]
Peugeot 309 stuck rear door - A Dent{P}
Is the door lock stuck down?, or can it be lifted?
I have a 309 and the O/S rear door has corrosion above the lock and it always appears to stick, with the door lock lifted.
I just give it a good yank and it comes open. Maybe yours is worst though.