£28000 Parking Ticket - Wally Zebon
Check out
www.thescotsman.co.uk/index.cfm?id=31282003

How much does this woman earn for her to be able to afford these parking tickets. The scary part is that she has already paid back £12000!

£28000 Parking Ticket - Jonathan {p}
I wonder if it's her divorced husbands car!
£28000 Parking Ticket - J Bonington Jagworth
Interesting - I wouldn't have believed it possible, but then I read that they charge 30p for ten minutes! That rumour about the Scotch and money seems to have some basis... :-)

I also noticed that: "The council last year collected £4 million in parking fines, resulting in £600,000 profit for the local authority." What on earth did they do with the other £3.4 million?!
Scotch is Whiskey! And being Scottish, I don't like being accused of being stingy!
£28000 Parking Ticket - CM
Scotch is Whiskey! And being Scottish, I don't like being
accused of being stingy!

Whiskey is from America or Ireland
Whisky is from Scotland
I give up! I'm Scottish and ashamed to say that I can't stand the stuff!
I'm half-Scottish, hence the smiley..

However, Scotch meaning whisky is simply shorthand for Scotch Whisky, the word Scotch meaning 'of Scotland' and equally applicable to its inhabitants...
£28000 Parking Ticket - FFX-DM
Where I come from 'scotch' is a pint of beer! :-)

The scottish I believe, prefer 'Scots' to 'Scotch', but perhaps that was the non-Scots part of you speaking!
£28000 Parking Ticket - edisdead {P}
As an Englishman who lives in Scotland, I can confirm that FFX is indeed correct, having made the mistake myself.
I said it deliberately, I'm afraid, knowing their preferences (so it must have been the English bit of me!). PG Wodehouse referred to Scotchmen, but I expect that was on purpose, too.

Didn't know about the beer though - I'll have to be careful in future...