Chrysler Grand Voyager - is it ecu - boydie69

hi all...

just bought a 3.3 petrol v6 87 ...

on arrival the battery was flat???? so my pal pulled his car up ...and during the banter whilst connecting the leads..they were connected the wrong way around... fro about 30 sec or so...and melted them..

now car will not start..all elecs work and dash lights come on immobiliser works bleep on lock and double locks and light flashes. all seems as it should...

next visit to car i will check heater wire and bang the dash lol....just incase.

so as i didnt see the car running i can only take word for it although ..it certanly wasnt pushed where it was parked,!!

would this error of fried the ecu..and if so is it better to have it repaired than swap it and avoid going through the key reprogramming nightmare...

i was obligated to buy the car !!

why is the battery flat ..it appears to be a voyager trait ???

all help greatly appreciated as i have to now do some roadside mechanics. as i am on a tight budget and a transporter is not a financial option as an ecu is more important

Chrysler Grand Voyager - is it ecu - No FM2R II

>>why is the battery flat ..it appears to be a voyager trait

We had a 2.8 Diesel Grand Voyager from new.

The whole battery thing was, to be fair, the only bad thing about it but what a nightmare. Out of the blue the damn thing would go flat. We would take it for a long run, charge the battery, and every other thing - it would seem fine, then suddenly a while later it'd be dead. Then we'd get a new battery and be ok for 3 months. And there we'd go again. We never found a solution. And chrysler, though they seemed to do their best, failed to resolve it beyond new batteries either. And given that all the work & batteries were under warranty, I think they tried pretty hard.

This was on a 57 plate.

I doubt you've fried the ECU, although its always possible. I suspect you've fried a fuse. On a diesel, it'd be the main fuse for the pump, because I did it. On a petrol, I don't know.

On another subject we only got 27mpg out of the 2.8 diesel over 90k odd miles. I shudder to think what a 3.3 petrol will be like.