Vauxhall Zafira - Warranty - nelly67

My Zafira (DY 10 PLATE full service history) temprature warning light came on when I was driving on the motorway and when I found a safe place to pull over close to an exit (had 4 kids in the car) I stopped the car.

The car would not start and so I contacted my vehicle recovery supplier who came and towed me to safety. Upon inspection they advised that my car needed to go to a garage.The garage then took a week to identify the problem and quoted information stored on a black box being provided to Vauxhall.

After contacting their "customer services " department 2 vweeks ago for an update and nearly 3 weeks later with various stories and misinformation from them and requesting an inspection of the car I have been informed by them that they will not conduct an inspection and they have stated :-

"After reviewing the information provided by the dealership to our Technical Department, it has been confirmed the repairs to your vehicle are not covered under the terms and conditions of your manufacturer’s warranty as the vehicle has been driven until the engine stopped.

Reports show a warning light appeared on your vehicle at 44,512 miles and was driven until the engine stopped at 45,268 miles. This was at a temperature of 139 degrees. If you require any documents with this information or about what issues were found on your vehicle, you would need to request them directly from the Service Department.

I understand this is not the outcome you were looking for, however, as no defects are present on your vehicle the repairs are not covered under your manufacturer’s warranty".

I have stated from the beginning that at no such time have I seen a warning light before the car broke down and asked them to provide a full report including

how long the light was on for and why it had not stayed on?(as there seems to be a fault with it) as I would have gone to a garage immediately upon the appearance of a warning light

I have forwarded a complaint to Vauxhall as I have made several requests for a report and been refused and told to obtain one from the garage I have now complained that I feel that they are in breach of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as they are not honouring my warranty.

Any advice on my situation would be very much appreciated

Vauxhall Zafira - Warranty - RT

Your legal rights are solely against the selling dealer. Vauxhall's only involvement is to support their dealers - with no direct relationship with the customer.

You need to contact the dealer to get the full details and to see if you can determine why you didn't see a warning condition that occurred 756 miles before the terminal problem.