Chrysler Voyager 2.5crd - Car Loses Power - Semaj

Car cuts out as it slows intermittently. Can go for 200 miles with no problem but then can cut out 3 -4 times over a 10 mile drive. Diagnostics showed cam phaze sensor which has been replaced but still fault remains. Car will normally start again if left for 4 - 5 minutes. We have a problem with the barrel in the car in that you can remove the key from the barrel and the car will continue to run. This can be done at 3 positions on the barrel. Iwasn't sure if the fault could be related to barrel affecting the immobilizer? If it is, does it mean a new barrel and will I have to go through Chrysler for this. The car is 10 years old but is in great condition, regularly serviced and going great apart from this fault. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chrysler Voyager 2.5crd - Car Loses Power - madf

Could be faulty crank sensor - intermittent . Heat makes wires separate where broken and circuit opens. When cool, wires join and circuit closes.

Chrysler Voyager 2.5crd - Car Loses Power - Semaj

Thanks for suggestion Madf. Garage have replaced cam phaze sensor which showed up in diagnostic test. I assume that this is the same part as crank shaft sensor. When I got car back from garage it was fine for day and a half then cut out again. Brought it back to garage who said that cam phaze sensor was showing fault. However, they checked wiring and said that there was some corrossion and they had cleaned the pins? Not sure what that means but they said that it would be fine now. Worked for a day and then cut out as I was going round a round a bout. I'm at my wits end.