Toyota Rav 4 v Volvo XC60 - Ed V

Any opinions on which of these would be the best buy in terms of refinement, longevity and comfort?

Toyota Rav 4 v Volvo XC60 - Collos25

If you have a bottomless wallet the Volvo if you want to be a little sensible the Toyota.

Toyota Rav 4 v Volvo XC60 - Avant

That's true of the upmarket XC60s, but the cheapest ones (looking at list prices) aren't that much more than the RAV-4 - which is a lot more expensive than the original.

Both should last a long time - Toyota and Volvo have perhaps the best reputations for longevity. The Volvo feels more solid, but the Toyota is built to last where it matters.

Try both and see which you prefer driving. I haven't driven either myself but if comfort is important Volvo have some of the best seats in the business.

Edited by Avant on 05/07/2012 at 21:29

Toyota Rav 4 v Volvo XC60 - barney100

My daughter had a Rav and it was reliable and quite good to drive. I have had a few Volvos and like most people find the main dealers prices for servicing expensive. If however you can find a good indie then you have a recipe for keeping the car to a very high mileage and many years too if that is what you want and more reasonable costs.