Toyota Yaris TR - Is Toyota fixed price servicing a lie???? - Shinken

I arranged the 1st service of my Yaris, 2 weeks ago, using Toyota's online booking form. The website and confirmation email informed me that the FIXED PRICE for the service would be £119.

When I got to the dealership on the day arranged, they had no record of my booking, but could accomodate me.

I returned a couple of hours later and was presented with a bill for £223.98. They confirmed that no additional work beyond the service had been carried out, but that this was the lowest price they could charge for the service.

So, I ask is Toyota's fixed price claim a lie??

....or are some dealerships not honouring the agreement?

Toyota have not responded to my query regarding this.

Toyota Yaris TR - Is Toyota fixed price servicing a lie???? - Auristocrat

It wouldn't perhaps be one of the Sytner Toyota dealerships (Toyota World)?

Haven't used them for servicing, but both times I booked test drives (Corolla, Verso and Auris) over the internet from the Toyota website, they had no record of the booking when I turned up.

The last time in 2009, they took out a new car that had been ordered by a customer and they were due to take delivery within a couple of days.

Needless to say I bought both of my Toyotas elsewhere (Inchcape) .

Toyota Yaris TR - Is Toyota fixed price servicing a lie???? - Bobbin Threadbare

The fixed price isn't a lie - my mum has her Aygo done on fixed price and 'Johnsons' don't stuff her over with the price.

Toyota Yaris TR - Is Toyota fixed price servicing a lie???? - thirts

I have a Yaris and my experience of Toyota's customer service is excellent.

I would suggest contacting the manager of the dealership for an explanation. If it's not satisfactory keep badgering Toyota UK.

Edited by thirts on 28/05/2012 at 19:01

Toyota Yaris TR - Is Toyota fixed price servicing a lie???? - daveyjp
Always call, confirm the price and when handing the car over confirm it again and get it written on the job sheet.
Toyota Yaris TR - Is Toyota fixed price servicing a lie???? - Avant

There'ssome confusion here between the 10,000-mile and 20,000-mile services: the £119 and £224 sound about right for the respectiv services. You've been charged for the major service (20,000, 40,000 etc) when you were expecting the minor (10,000, 30,000 etc).

Your service record should tell you which one should have been carried out.

Edited by Avant on 28/05/2012 at 23:35