Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - actresskat

Hi, We have a Nissan Micra 2003 which I believe is a K12. We bought Bosch 522 spark plugs as recommended by Halfords. After changing them the car starts but over and under revs. The engine shook pretty badly and things didn't seem right so we obviously turned it off. I have a feeling a Bosch 522 may be the wrong spark plug as it looks different at the tip - does anyone know? According to Halfords online checker it's correct. Otherwise what would cause over and underrevving after a spark plug change? Thanks ever so much for your help.

Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - actresskat

Damn. We put the old spark plugs back in and it's still not revving correctly...any ideas anyone??

Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - mickyh7

Have you put the H.T. Leads back on in the correct order/position ?

Hi, We have COP spark plugs and yes, they all clipped in correctly in the right order. Strangely, after hearing the revving problems post-replacement, we found oil on the new Bosch 522 spark plugs but the original Nissan Micra ones were bone dry which leads us to believe the Halfords staff and their online spark plug checker are wrong in stating that the Bosch 522s were a match...just hope it hasn't wrecked the engine now...

Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

No wonder you let Halfords change the spark plugs - this is absolutely horrendous! It's a full day's job to change 'em!

www.micrak12.com/sparkplugs.htm

I'm gobsmaked! I hope my neighbour doesn't ask me to change her Micra sparkplugs!

Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - bathtub tom

Excellent job.

Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - darkmike

Hi, I know this is nearly 3 years old, but I'm facing a similar problem now - I wanted to change the spark plugs on my micra k12 using the Bosch super 4 522 spark plugs, which seems to be the "Premium line" from Bosch. According to the specification it should be fine to either use the 522 with 4 electrodes or the N28 from the "normal line" with just one electrode on the CR12DE engine. Finding your post here irritated me a bit - maybe you could tell me what was the outcome of your problem? Thank you!

Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - jonny10buds

The common fault with these engines which would give you the symptoms you're describing is failure of the throttle body.

Nissan Micra K12 - Nissan Micra revving probs after spark plug change - Filipe Monteiro

Hi actresskat, can you recall why that problem happened? - I'm about to change spark plugs on mine.

Were the Bosh spark plugs? any mistake you did? or the thottle was already malfunctioning before..?

BTW, hope everything is alright with your k12 by now :)