FIAT Qubo - Thoughts on a Fiat Qubo - daveyK_UK

Hi, we have sold the 2nd car (Citroen Berlingo), have test driven a fiat doblo, seat altea, skoda roomster and fiat qubo. Our car of preference is the Qubo for its practically yet smaller dimensions than the Doblo for getting around central Birmingham. Anyone got an opinion on them before I do the deal? They are offering a 1.4 petrol active for £10,100 or 1.3 diesel my life for £11,100. Dont do the miles to justify the diesel. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

FIAT Qubo - Thoughts on a Fiat Qubo - KB.

I can see why you might buy it - cheap and practical. Those who say it's ugly don't have to drive it or look at it so don't worry about them The trio of Bipper, Nemo and Qubo didn't rate highly for safety (failed Elk Test and 3 stars NCAP) but they now have ESP and (maybe) more airbags?... so are probably better than they were. The depreciation might not be good - and they don't seem popular to me ( never seem to see them about). I looked on a reputable site well known to myself and many others and you can have a Peugeot diesel delivered to your door for £10698 (probably a better choice than the petrol provided the DPF issue doesn't apply to you) or you can have the cheapest petrol Roomster delivered for £9591. Maybe worth being really sure you want the Pug/Cit/Fiat over some of it's competitors. I'd prefer a Skoda to one of these three myself but that proves nothing.

FIAT Qubo - Thoughts on a Fiat Qubo - Auristocrat

The Qubo has ESP fitted across the range - petrol and diesel.

Citroen only offer the one diesel model, which also has ESP.

Peugeot don't offer petrol either. ESP is fitted to one of their diesels - the 1.3HDI. ESP is not fitted to the e-HDI 75 EGC.

Thanks for the feedback. I want a petrol really so the Fiat it is. Depretiation is not a concern as I plan on keeping i for 5 years, I will happily keep a petrol engine, I never keep any of our diesels beyond the 3 year warranty. I am also impressed with the insurance group (3) and as its based on the Fiorino/Nemo/Bipper van, it should be cheap enough for parts and easier than the average car to work on. I have always found vans easier to work on if required. I reckon I can get a few hundered of the £10,100, I havent started to negotiate yet. I am going back tommorrow, wish me luck.

Pre reg - £7895 in white.

http://www.perrys.co.uk/fiat-qubo-1.4-8v-active-5-door/new-and-delivery-mileage/offer-194225?referring_site=c2b

Looks like the same car - £7795 but described as ex - demo.

http://www.saveonnewcars.co.uk/new/fiat/qubo/estate-(2009-on)/1.4-8v-active-5dr/car/apply.aspx?id=1468704

Road tax of £170 a year...ouch!

In case the above link didn't work....

http://www.saveonnewcars.co.uk/fiat-qubo-car-deals.aspx

FIAT Qubo - Thoughts on a Fiat Qubo - daveyjp
If it meets your requirements buy it, but its a Fiat so will lose plenty quickly.

With this in mind I'd want to pay as little as possible.

Thanks for the replys, the pre-reg has gone. I agree with the sentiments about Fiat, but being based on a commercial vehicle, it gives me more confidence than buying a standard Fiat car. The only problem I now have is finding a good Fiat dealer for any after sales support. The Fiorino/Nemo/Bipper do get a decent write up from the commerical sector.