The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Godfrey H {P}
Reading the backroom it would appear to me the reliability of different marques is shifting right across the price spectrum. Now I know we get real individual horror stories appearing in the backroom, but I thought it would be nice to collect details of all faults (however minor, but required fixing) in one place.
I propose a survey of new cars up to 3 years old on a rolling basis. Please for the usual reasons no dealer names or emotive rants. I propose the following format:

Make/Model/Date Of Purchase:
Private or Company Car?:
Age and Mileage when fault occurred:
Brief description of fault:
Fixed first time by dealer? Yes/No:
If not fixed first time how many dealer visits required:
Were you satisfied with the attitude of the dealer?:
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Pat L
To get the ball rolling:

Make/Model/Date Of Purchase:Audi A4 TDi 115 SE Sept 2000
Private or Company Car?: Private
Age and Mileage when fault occurred: No faults whatsoever
Brief description of fault:N/A
Fixed first time by dealer? Yes/No:N/A
If not fixed first time how many dealer visits required:N/A
Were you satisfied with the attitude of the dealer?:YES, they supplied me with a quality car! (mileage now 30,000)

Pat
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Cardew
This type of survey is open to manipulation by vested interests.

An obscure Irish Nationalist song was recently voted the most popular song ever on a BBC World Service poll and Arthur Scargill was voted man of the year some while back.

"My 1972 Lada has done 200,000 miles and never even needed an oil change let alone a repair" might have been an entry from an infamous contributor some while back. Conclusion: Ladas are reliable cars?
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Godfrey H {P}
Given that you have to register to post on this site I think any manipulation will be spotted. Any way I'm not so cynical and I think it is worth a try. I don't share your negative sentiments.
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Dan J
Make/Model/Date Of Purchase: Vauxhall Vectra/2.2LS 2001MY/Jan 2002
Private or Company Car?: Private
Age and Mileage when fault occurred: Various between 13k (purchase mileage) and 25k, likewise on replacement vehicle
Brief description of fault: Ranging from trim rattles and loud seat squeaks through gear changing problems, an air con pipe exploding to an engine failure.
Fixed first time by dealer? Yes/No: Most faults not rectified first time by dealer
If not fixed first time how many dealer visits required: In total, the Vectras have been returned 16 times now
Were you satisfied with the attitude of the dealer?: No - their attitude has been unhelpful, rude and slack. They display little knowledge of the cars even having been a supposed "main" regional dealership for many years. I made a formal complaint to Vauxhall about them and know I am not the only one.

I have since found a knowledgeable and helpful dealership elsewhere however once I get rid of the car I shall never be waving my hard earned in Vauxhalls direction...
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - FergusTheDog
Make/Model/Date Of Purchase: FOCUS TDCi Ghia Hatch
Private or Company Car?: private
Age and Mileage when fault occurred:None
Brief description of fault: None
Fixed first time by dealer? Yes/No: N/A
If not fixed first time how many dealer visits required:
Were you satisfied with the attitude of the dealer?: N/A

The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Keith S
Girlfriends car:

Make/Model/Date Of Purchase: Nissan Micra S Dec 2000
Private or Company Car?: private
Age and Mileage when fault occurred:On delivery
Brief description of fault: Wheel alignment incorrect
Fixed first time by dealer? Yes/No: No
If not fixed first time how many dealer visits required: 3
Were you satisfied with the attitude of the dealer?: No, Nissan dealers seem to be slightly below average. However not had much to do with them considering the superb reliability.
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Big John
Make/Model/D.O.P. : Skoda Octavia 1.4 16V - March 2001
Private or Company?: private
Faults: None (used pint oil before first 10,000 service - non since now 30,000)
Dealer: Superb (excuse pun)
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - KB.
Yaris CDX Diesel Sept.02
No Faults
KB.
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Pete
Suzuki Wagon R+ 1.3 purchased March 02
Private.
Rusting on drivers door hinges and FOS wing panel, pointed out to dealer at time of delivery.
Dealer dealt with first time.
No other problems.

If you are a Wagon R owner and you have had problems we would like to hear from you.
Thank you, petel@clara.co.uk
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - Blue {P}
Ford Fiesta 2002
Private
On delivery the radio didn't work Trade-Sales replaced it. Also, the passenger deadlock didn't work, and a tensioner was faulty in the fan belt. The alignment of wheels was also out.

After about 2000 miles a door seal on passenger door came off, was replaced but led to rusting of the aperture. At about 5500 miles the driver's door appeared to be mis-aligned slightly which caused it to rust on top corner.

All fixed on first visit to dealers, except for the door seal. The Alignment took no less than 5 visits to ATS who I gave up on, then the Rapidfit fixed it in 1 go. (should have gone to them first!)

Was generally satisfied with dealers attitude, but now steer clear of Jennings on principle, as every time I go there I here one of the desk staff comment to the technician that my car is an import so the warranty may not be valid. Rubbish. I go to Arriva now, but haven't had enough contact to judge.

Blue
The Backroom New Car Reliability Survey - MarkyMarkD
We're not sposed to be naming dealers for legal reasons, Blue Oval ;-)

Anyway slightly over 3 years old, but:

Renault Laguna 1.6 Alize Sep 1999 now on 25k miles
Private
Faults: Not firing on one cylinder. All four ignition coils replaced as part of known Renault problem - 95% goodwill (not really sure why not 100% but trivial cost).
Rear coil spring failed at 24k - Renault 100% goodwill after complaint to Renault Customer Services.
Front pads and discs replaced at 24k - no goodwill on that one.
ABS Sensor Wire to front brake system chafed mysteriously leading to ABS failure warning lights 10 days after the 24k service and above repair - dealer disclaimed all responsibility and didn't give a toss.

Dealer service - original dealer (small, local) really good, knew what they were doing, claimed goodwill as necessary. Lost their franchise. Replacement dealer (Renault owned, further away) awful - didn't give a toss, didn't claim goodwill. Left it to me to complain to Renault myself.