Ford Focus - Focus 2007 1.6 diesel longer to start after server - evets51

I took my 2007 Focus 1.6 diesel in to a local garage for a 75000 mile service this week. After picking it up, its noticeable that it takes significantly longer to start - used to catch as soon as you turned the key, now it takes maybe 1-2 seconds of turning over before it catches. Not enough to be a problem, but I'm worried in case it degrades over time / suffers more in winter.

I spoke to the garage who did the service and they said that they didn't change the fuel filter because its a long life filter on these cars, and that maybe that is what is causing the problem. Doesn't make sense to me because they haven't changed the filter, and the problem wasn't there before the service. Any ideas what could have happened? Its not really bad enough to consider taking the car back for them to look at again, but equally its a slight worry ...

Thanks

Ford Focus - Focus 2007 1.6 diesel longer to start after server - elekie&a/c doctor

Have they used the correct grade engine oil?

I'd have to go back and ask - the receipt just lists "Engine Oil" and doesn't mention viscosity

Ford Focus - Focus 2007 1.6 diesel longer to start after server - MikeTorque

Did they change the DPF as recommended at the 75k service ?

The fuel filter is a suspect.

Also did they disconnect the battery for any reason ? If so it could be the engine management software is relearning stuff or the software has become corrupted, in which case starting problems are a well known issue as a result, a new software installation will clear such problems.

Oil filter, oil, brake fluid etc were all itemised on the bill so the fact that a dpf wasn't - I assume no they didn't change it. Battery wasn't disconnected I think - the radio still worked when I got it back, and I hadn't given them the code to reset it so I assume that means it never lost power.