Premium Auto 7 st media - Santa Fe - sydney the oz

Looking at changing my 08 Santa for a new one. I've been offered £11.5K for my Limited 7 seat manual version with nearly 50K miles, against a new Premium SF auto 7 seat + media pack (works out about 14% off the new one). HJ or anyone out there in the trade be able to give an opinion on this deal?

Premium Auto 7 st media - Santa Fe - oldtoffee

Quick look at Autotrader shows cars like yours priced at high 11ks into 12ks. You can get £3,700 off the new one easily enough so if the deal is just 11.5k off list price for the new one it doesn't look too good IMO. But if it is 11.5k and 14% off list that looks good.

Premium Auto 7 st media - Santa Fe - sydney the oz

Thanks - the offer is £11.5K p/x for the old one, plus as near as damn it 14% off the new one. I know with a new model shortly it will take a depreciation hit, so a good deal now is important, but by the time the new one comes, my p/x will be worth less and there will probably be less discount avaiiable on the new one.

Does the '212 model have a DPF?

Your SF review oldtoffee was reallly useful. Sounds like you drive a bit more spritely than me, my front tyres did 40K and the backs are still OE. Typically I get 35mpg in the summer and 33 in the winter on a 10 mil commute (manual 5 speed box). On a long run can get near to 40, and towing about 24.

Test drove the auto and it felt really good, which you confirm. We tow 1550kgs and believe the auto boxes are pretty bombproof.