Toyota Corolla - Cold Starting / possible battery fault - meltonlad

ive got a 2003 Corolla D4D in the last few days with the cold weather and snow first thing in the morning and when left all day at work when i come to start it it turns over and over as if battery is going flat then it fires up !! glow plugs replaced last yr !! is this the start of my battery starting to fail ? plz help if you can ! thanks

Toyota Corolla - Cold Starting / possible battery fault - gordonbennet

Would this be an original Yuasa battery or one of the other similar makes, if so my Yuasa('s pair of) started to slow up when cold starting at about 8/9 years but never actually failed to start the engine.

You mention replacing the glow plugs, were these genuine or good quality replacements like Beru?, if not then there is a possibility that the glow plugs are failing again, might be worth checking the current being drawn by the plugs....as a very rough guide do you notice the headlights brighten up the moment you hear the glow plug timer relay click off, could be anything up to 2 minutes after starting in the cold.

Have you checked the battery electrolyte levels and tried giving it a trickle charge over the weekend, worth doing periodically durng the winter anyway.

Toyota Corolla - Cold Starting / possible battery fault - meltonlad

glow plugs replaced with BOSCH one's.. and yes its still the original battery ! as for the head lights ive fitted HID'S so no drop/dip in lights ! i just dont want it to go flat as i leave for work at 4am lol

Toyota Corolla - Cold Starting / possible battery fault - focussed

You are trying to start a diesel engine with a 9 year old battery! What do you expect?-just go buy a good quality new battery, how much longer do you expect it to last?