Ford Mondeo 1996 1.8 Turbo Diesel - Timing belt change - rogerbar1

Hi

new to the forum.One Question Last changed timing belt kit in 2007 milage 76,555 ,,My milage now is showing 150,568,.I do not do many miles but tow a caravan for holidays. Looking at the years i really think i need to change,but some garage friends seem to think i will be ok for a while?? i am not to sure .I may go a head and get the timing changed.As the car is in mint condition with RS skirts etc .Oh yes it is a Ghia so all extras,Heated seats,Windscreen,Leather Seats Heated,air con,10 cd player inboot,,sun roof elect and so on.SO I really would hate to lose the car through engine blow out ,What do you all think

Regards Roger

Ford Mondeo 1996 1.8 Turbo Diesel - Timing belt change - 659FBE

Change the belt - blindingly obvious.

The vehicle will not last long enough for another belt change so maximise your investment in changing the belt now.

Edited by 659FBE on 30/01/2012 at 22:56

Ford Mondeo 1996 1.8 Turbo Diesel - Timing belt change - Peter.N.

I had one go on a Citroen BX diesel at 114,00 miles - because I thought it had been changed by the previous owner, it cost me around £300.00 to repair doing it myself - that was about 20 years ago.

Ford Mondeo 1996 1.8 Turbo Diesel - Timing belt change - rogerbar1

Hi

thanks for reply .I am getting the timing changed as soon as possible.Have a friend who ownes his own garage old school mechanic ,retired this year, .Stil does a bit ,so about to ask him first.Other than that i know head mechanic at a Ford Dealer who will do it as well.

regards roger