2007 VW Touran - Limp Mode after hitting 75mph - marknkaz

When driving my 2007 Touran and you reach 75mph the throttle goes non responsive and the car slows to 50mph, which i understand as limp mode. Once you have stopped the car and turned the ignition off and on again you can then drive the car normally again untill you hit around 75mph ???

When it goes into limp mode there is NO warning on thedash board with a code or anything.....confused

Does anybody have any ideas before i take it into my dealer please

2007 VW Touran - Limp Mode after hitting 75mph - Railroad.

Sounds like a turbo overboost condition often caused by the variable vane ring in the turbo being stuck. Your turbo, a VNT type does not have a conventional wastegate. Instead the turbo boost is controlled at source by the ECU which alters the angle of the vanes to provide more or less boost to suit all engine requirements. If the vane ring becomes stuck due to the build up of carbon deposits and rust, and will not move then the turbo boost pressure can become too high. The ECU will detect this via the turbo boost pressure sensor and will take action by reducing the engine power before serious damage results. In this condition the fault code 17965 is often generated.

The cure is not necessarily a new turbo, although I expect the dealer will tell you it is. What it needs is to be removed and thoroughly cleaned. There is a product on the market which I have used with success. For less than £50 it's worth a try, but make sure you use it exactly as per the instructions.

http://www.innotecworld.com/products/sets-systems.php?productid=6