CP Plus Charge Notice - AdamTravell

Hi all, this is my first post, so be kind...

I know there have been several, extremely well written posts on the subject of private car park charges, but none are quite the same as mine and I'd appreciate advice;

I held a business meeting at a Roadchef service station that went on longer than expected. Today my sales director emailed me a scan of a 'charge notice' that my company received through the post, as they are the registered keeper of my car.

The charge notice advised that I overstayed the 2 hour limit by 1:41 and has a couple of pictures of me driving the car in and out of the car park. It states I owe £80, reduced to £50 if I pay in the next 14 days etc etc

Most posts on this subject recommend ignoring the charge notice and the subsequent months worth of threatening post. I don't really want my sales director being bombarded with threatening post. I was thinking of writing to them with my name and address so that all post comes to me (they don't currently have either) and also offering a smaller payment, such as £5 which is a fair amount for the location / length of stay.

I understand that the charge is a civil invoice and not legally enforceable, as I have not committed a crime. They can only sue me for damages/losses, for which I think £5 is more than enough as the car park is free for 2 hours.

Sorry for the epic...

CP Plus Charge Notice - daveyjp
Better to deal with it through your sales director. Or write a letter for him to sign saying he disputes the charge as it is a penalty and will enter in to no further correspondence on the matter, even better if the company lawyers can send it.

Bullies don't like being bullied and CP Plus won't go after anyone who knows what they are about The car park is free so you owe nothing as CP plus have lost nothing.
CP Plus Charge Notice - oldroverboy

Did your company pay the service station/ hotel on the site for a meeting room, or was it an ad hoc meeting in the cafe?. If your company paid for the meeting space you would be entitled to park there. If not let the company lawyers deal with it, and if not let your company pay as they sent you! And with all due respect, pay attention to parking regulations in future, If people are daft enough to ignore parking regulations, and i know it myself, then expect to get a "ticket" otherwise all would be chaos.

I was driving in the early hours of the morning, and stopped at brackley services on the M40, went for a coffee, and asked if it would be ok if i had a sleep for a while, no problem sir, we'll tell the parking man and lo! no ticket,

CP Plus Charge Notice - Pica
This is almost a Mirror image of what happened to me and with the same parking company. They sent letters, demands and threats of bailiffs so I completely ignored them. I did not enter in any communication whatsoever and after a number of months they went quiet and stopped sending anything to me or my Sales Manager.
CP Plus Charge Notice - jamie745

By 1.41 do you mean minutes? £80 for a 2 minute overstay? I really have heard it all now. Just bin it, ignore it, they cant do anything and such nonsense 'charging' (not to mention the questionable way they attempt to charge it) is why they have no public sympathy or support. I fail to see how being deprived of tarmac for 2 minutes costs them £80 when its free for 2 hours.

1.2% of £0 = £0

CP Plus Charge Notice - RT

By 1.41 do you mean minutes? £80 for a 2 minute overstay? I really have heard it all now. Just bin it, ignore it, they cant do anything and such nonsense 'charging' (not to mention the questionable way they attempt to charge it) is why they have no public sympathy or support. I fail to see how being deprived of tarmac for 2 minutes costs them £80 when its free for 2 hours.

1.2% of £0 = £0

Off your soap box, the OP posted 1:41 not 1.41 - so thats 101 minutes - but you're right otherwise about ignoring it.

CP Plus Charge Notice - jamie745

84% of £0 = £0

Out of interest what do they charge for staying for four hours then? Just pay them that, its all they're realistically 'owed.'