Daihatsu Sirion M3 series - Rear Axle Mis-Alignment - sirionman
Just putting the word out there for Sirion owners to take a look at your rear tyres for unusual wear.

The rear tyres on my 2008 Sirion 1.5 SX M303 model were scrubbing off on one edge, and this should not happen because the rear wheels have no adjustment and are set to parallel - they just get pulled along by the front wheel drive.

There is a fault with a certain batch of Sirions that had incorrect rear axles installed at manufacture which is putting the rear wheels out of alignment. The only way to have it checked properly is by visiting a Daihatsu dealership and they will check the chassis number and do an alignment check. If it fails Daihatsu should rectify it.

My vehicle was one of the "bad" ones and Daihatsu stepped without hesitation and replaced the rear axle and rear dampers, and incidentally my vehicle was outside it's warranty period too. The original axle is a curved one and a new straight one is installed and this then requires new dampers because the others don't fit the new axle.

I am a very happy guy because it cost me nothing, and I got new dampers on the rear as well. Pulrose Motors in Pwlhelli did the work and they were awesome. All the new running gear was painted over in protectant and they also did the rest of the running gear up front as well. They gave me a "loaner" for a couple of days and all in all they were just terrific.

Just wanted to share.

Phil