volkswagen transporter 1.9tdi 2005 - help please - jonnyboy16v

hello. ive got a vw t5 1.9tdi and recently its been blowing cold air when stationery but as soon as i bring then revs up or drive it then the heater blows hot air as normal but if i slow down the air cools down and when i stop for traffic lights ect it blows cold again. ive flushed out the heater matrix and that was not blocked, iam thinking waterpump? but not sure, so can anyone help??? thanks

volkswagen transporter 1.9tdi 2005 - help please - Railroad.

It does sound like the water pump. They have plastic impellers which tend to break off the shaft and thus spin freely. It might be time for a new water pump and cambelt.

volkswagen transporter 1.9tdi 2005 - help please - jonnyboy16v

it had a new cambelt and apparantly a new water pump 2 months ago but i cant be sure and it prob done like 20k since because its a taxi and runs all day and night. will inspect the waterpump tommorow and hopefully it will be at fault :)

volkswagen transporter 1.9tdi 2005 - help please - emiboy
Hi I have a exactly the same problem with my T5 2006 model, replaced a new water pump, new thermostat, checked heater matrix but still no luck, can u advice me further if you have cured the problem, my local machanic says it might be air trap so as driving along it might start but doing that for a over a week still no difference any help please....