seat toledo tdi s 2003 - Please really need help with my toledo. - ninocastoledo

Hi everyone, i recently bought a toledo tdi from 03( few weeks ago to be precise :( ). the car goes into limp mode at high revs... i was told by a garage that it was the turbo sticking, the guy performed some kind of cleaning with some product, putting it thru the intercooler, dont even know if this is possible!!? charged 250£ .. car still goes into limp mode at high revs and now i started to hear a noise coming from the turbo, sounds kind of like metal with metal, i cant actually hear it very loud i assume its just starting. .. i know its not the maf ( tried this) ... There is also another problem, the Mil , (check engine light) doesnt come on at all, not even when i turn the key to the on position doesnt light up AT ALL, checked the fuses, checked the "bulbs behind the dash all seems fine.... is it possible that this ppl have placed some kind of eliminator to trick me? :( please help i am a lady and dont understand alot about this things, im about to give up and lose 2k.. any help will be greatly apreciated.. ty

seat toledo tdi s 2003 - Please really need help with my toledo. - m_loades
hmmm.... have you had it on the diagnostics machine? any fault codes? sounds like the bulb has been removed from the dash. like you say, it should illuminate where the ignition is first turned on :( get to a vag(volkswagon audi group) expert. approved vw audi garage should be a good start.

i would get someone to cast a quick look over to check the noise before anything breaks permanently. the turbo might be shot. it cant really stick. the bearing can seizeif it is get a decent second hand one and keep your fingers crossed.

never give up!
seat toledo tdi s 2003 - Please really need help with my toledo. - galileo
the turbo might be shot. it cant really stick.

A not uncommon problem with VAG variable vane turbos is that the moving vanes DO stick when gunged up with carbon. This is usually due to driving 'for economy' as one would with a petrol engine, i.e. avoiding using the full rev range, this allows carbon build up.

It sounds as if the garage tried to free up the vanes with some solvent, this may have had adverse effects on the bearing system, maybe diluting the oil temporarily?

seat toledo tdi s 2003 - Please really need help with my toledo. - madf

If you bought the car from a trader or garage, your rights are clear. They must sort it out.. Read the Advice section on Honest John..

If privately, you are on your own.

Removing bulbs from ABS warning lights means the car is not roadworthy - and was not when sold.