More Insurance Irritation - Dogbreath
If you buy a second car can you rely on the no claims bonus on your first car to reduce the premiums? or do you have to start from scratch?
More Insurance Irritation - Blue {P}
Have to start from scratch :(

If you're lucky then your exisitng company may do a special deal and allow you some or all of your NCB to be used on the second car, only way is to ask them.

Blue
More Insurance Irritation - BB
Admiral offered that service to me, but unfortunately it worked out more expensive than insuring both separatly, due to one of my cars being a performace car.

If you do take out two separate insurances, may I suggest you take out a 10 month bonus accelerator to get those all important no claims % quicker
More Insurance Irritation - volvoman
I'm sure some companies will give you a reduced rate for the second car - More Th>n certainy did for me. I've also heard that some offer to give you the same NCD on both. Can't give you any names but I'm sure the subject came up in another thread here not to long ago.

I any event I'm sure 'Mark the Mod.' will know !
More Insurance Irritation - Mark (RLBS)
First points;

1) what are the driving restrictions on each vehicle ?
2) is the main user different for each vehicle ?
3) will the insurance be in the name of each main user ?
4) Which main user has the max ncd?
5) what is the driving experience of the other main user ?
More Insurance Irritation - MarkyMarkD
It did come up in another thread. It was me who said that it was AXA who will do it, IIRC.
More Insurance Irritation - RichardW
When I put a second car on the road for my wife (now off the road pending some TLC / renovation!), I insured with Direct Line, as they offered a full NCD on it (in My Wife's name), as she's been on my insurance for about 4 years claim free - they were also one of the few insurers that didn't deny the existence of a factory built Citroen Visa Convertible!. My current insurer (Prudential) wouldn't even offer an introductory discount even though they knew her driving record!!

As usual pays to shop around!

Richard
More Insurance Irritation - MarkyMarkD
When I put a second car on the road for my
wife (now off the road pending some TLC / renovation!), I
insured with Direct Line, as they offered a full NCD on
it (in My Wife's name), as she's been on my insurance
for about 4 years claim free - they were also one
of the few insurers that didn't deny the existence of a
factory built Citroen Visa Convertible!.

Nice to hear that DL will do this :-)