Car insurance renewal quote - 475TBJ

I've just had the newal amount from the AA. I've looked on a few comparison sites but not found anything much better. However, when I went on the AA site I've had a quote, which is 25% less than the renewal quote!

Car insurance renewal quote - Avant

Yes, that's because they, like many others, do special deals to attract new customers. I was with the AA for my Z3 last year, and the renewal quote was 50 % higher than the first year's premium. I'm with SAGA (Send All Grannies Away) now, so we'll see what happens at renewal time next year.

Renewal with Tesco for the Skoda wasn't too bad, but Skoda Insurance were cheaper and don't restrict provision of a courtesy car to 14 days as Tesco do.

Car insurance renewal quote - expatsFL

Avant....dreading coming back home in dec and getting ins as we will have zero no claims now..............arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Car insurance renewal quote - Bobbin Threadbare

All insurance companies on comparison sites quote me absurd amounts. I am not looking forward to the EU legislation equalising male and female quotes either. It'll put everyone's insurance up, regardless of gender. I have to use Direct Line - my mum likes the 'female' insurance companies as they give her nice low quotes but they don't do that for me (I have 3 years NCB and no offences on my record). I like to wind her up that it'll be Saga when she reaches 50 in the next few years :-))

Car insurance renewal quote - jamie745

I dont mind paying more so long as a woman the same age, in the same postcode with the same driving experience and same no claims as me on the same car as me would also get quoted the same.

Edited by jamie745 on 10/09/2011 at 00:49

Me neither, for a lad my age with equivalent driving experience, car etc. But I am convinced that it will mean increased premiums for all; no lowering for men or increasing it for women. I think it'll hit the under 30s quite hard.

You wont have to worry about being under 30 soon. Hehe. *Waits for slap*

It will affect the 18-30 group more as thats where the biggest difference between men and womens premiums are of course. I think postcode is still the biggest factor in insurance and this legislation wont alter prices much at all in my opinion. It still comes down to postcode, age and no claims bonus.

The BBC estimated a while ago it could mean perhaps 10% off for men and 25% up for women or something like that, of course this applies on all forms of insurance not just car insurance but im sure different firms will do it in different ways depending on what their main customer base is and of course they'll all be in the same boat and there may be alot of women out there hunting for a better deal when the changes do kick in so they'll have to compete with each other heavily.

You wont have to worry about being under 30 soon. Hehe. *Waits for slap*

You aren't even a full year younger than me so wind yer neck in.

Car insurance renewal quote - 475TBJ

I wonder what will happen if I phone the AA to accept the online quote?

Bobbin, like you a mate uses Directline, I'll give them a go,

Car insurance renewal quote - Avant

"I wonder what will happen if I phone the AA to accept the online quote?"

Try telling them it's much too expensive and asking them for a reduction. I got about £80 off the premium but it was still more than SAGA. And I objected to the way that when I first signed up with the AA, they didn't tell me that breakdown cover was included only for the first year. For the second year onwards, it's extra.

Ring them and tell them another company has offered far less, tell them that price and sometimes they'll then offer you the same deal. By ringing up Churchill on house insurance to point out someone else would do it for less they cut it by 65%.