MB - Pot holes and now a hole in Council's bank a/c - Falkirk Bairn

Pot holes caused damage to 3 x alloys - £2000 bill as council, who denied liability, lose in court.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8741493/Driver-whose-car-was-damaged-by-potholes-wins-2000-payout.html

A victory for a motorist who was not put off with threats of large legal bills from Coventry Council

MB - Pot holes and now a hole in Council's bank a/c - jamie745

If councils such as Bristol can afford to spend £1.3million on a park and ride that nobody uses (139 motorists have used it as of this week apparently) and blame it on the fact its 'too easy to park in the town' then councils can afford to cough up for fixing potholes. The amount of unregulated unjustified spending from councils is quite shocking, sometimes i wonder if they did any planning or consultation on these things...oh silly me.

Well done to that motorist! Well done the court! Let us rise up from the ashes of our destructed land, this vicious circle and commence in battle. Let us reclaim our pleasant free land! This!!.....ENGLAND!!!

MB - Pot holes and now a hole in Council's bank a/c - galileo

£2000 is probably less than many councils spend on tea and biscuits for meetings in a month.

It's not their money anyway, its the taxpayers!

MB - Pot holes and now a hole in Council's bank a/c - bananastand

jamie are you in UKIP? I am, my mrs goes mad when I bring it up. I agree with you anyway, even if you turn out to be a Guardian reading equality officer. Ha ha.

Im not in UKIP no but i do believe councils should be responsible for park benches, plaques, lawnmowing and flower baskets and nothing else. They cannot be trusted with money. I dont like to affiliate myself with a political party because they'll all say something at some point which i dont like and the fact if i listed out my top 25 policies the Conservative/UKIP etc column would probably be the fullest and is another reason why i dont like to affiliate myself with a political party LOL!

Equality Officer? God i'd laugh if i didnt know that such job titles, at handsome salaries really do exist! Ive met such people before and i can follow them for an entire week and still not be able to work out what they actually do.

MB - Pot holes and now a hole in Council's bank a/c - bananastand

What hurts my brain the most is our local council's "strategy" on "climate change". PLEASE!!!!!!!!! NO MORE!!

The fact any council has a 'strategy' on climate change is pretty laughable. Even if you believe all the nonsense spouted about it, theres nothing a little English council can do which will save the World, rainforests or polar bears. Its an insignificant spec. All it is is another 'reason' to charge you even more of your hard earned money to park somewhere. Because it will save the World. Oh yes. Obviously.

You wouldnt happen to live in Merton would you? The TPA recently featured them in their 'non Job of the week' section as Merton Borough Council are offering £39,000 a year for someone to fill the role of 'Climate Change Officer' and another £31,000 for 'Climate Change Projects Officer' to (and i quote the council in question) 'Form part of the newly created Future Merton Team which is dynamic and forward thinking in its approach to enabling development.'

Not a single word there indicates what the role, paid for at considerable expense with our money for a pointless cause, will actually entail. Presumably lots of clipboards, meetings, biscuits and hectoring proper business people who do real work to pay their ridiculous wage into doing things differently.

Some councils have as many as ten people employed on over £30k a year with the words 'climate change' in their job title. And all they essentially do is bulldoze creation of bus lanes (as buses run on emission free fairy dust, of course), cycle lanes and parking regulations which are aimed at 'raising money'. The council wouldnt need to raise that money if it wasnt paying these pathetic useless wombles tens of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money to do absolutely nothing important.

My third rant of the week! I had a cold over the weekend and didnt feel up to it but now i can, normal service is resumed.

Edited by jamie745 on 06/09/2011 at 15:17