Laguna brake bleeding - simonsmith473©
A friend of mine owns a 98 renault laguna. The haynes manual says that to change the brake fluid i need a special renault diagnostic tool. Is it not possible to use a pressure bleeder or more traditional methods, or do i need to go to the renault dealer?
Laguna brake bleeding - Cyd
I believe Haynes have 'gone soft'. They don't go into the same detail like they used to. I think they're running scared of recommending something which someone could do wrong and then sue.

I'd be surprised if you cannot DIY. About the only thing I can think of which would prevent DIY is if there were no bleed nipples fitted to the calipers.

The brake system is designed for fluid to move from the master cylinder to the calipers under normal use (albeit slowly). So, if you open a bleed nipple and pump it through you aren't doing anything the system isn't designed to do.

Why not consult with a local independant garage on the matter?
Laguna brake bleeding - simonsmith473©
Cheers. As far as i know the system has nipples on the calipers. I just can't understand why a diagnostic tool would be needed. As you say the procedure should be the same. I agree that haynes have become a bit poo nowadays, the old manuals used to be detailed and excellent.
Laguna brake bleeding - jc
Hasn't got ABS has it?