Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - c4 picasso

I recently -although laset Dec, bought c4 grand picasso @Carworld, Then my turbo charger broke down and took it to a certified citroen repairer. by the way its still under warranty-09 registration. However the Citroen wont honor the warranty as when carworld did the 20k service before it was delivered to me, apparently they havee usedd a diffferent oil which has caused the breakdown of the turbocharger. Im still trying to contact Carworld to let them know the problem. im worried that I would end up paying the bill as im sure they will dispute nor deny the service that cause the breakdown of the said parts. I would love to hear any advice or any recent experience that happen similar to my situation..

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - Problem_Polo :-/

Oh dear, sounds a bit messy :-(

Did you get any kind of warranty from Carworld at all? If not, did they promote the fact it was still under Citroen warranty when they sold it to you? Presumably - and this is purely an amateur view - if they have sold you a car and used the remaining manufacturer's warranty as a selling point, but they have themselves voided that warranty at an earlier point through their incompetent servicing of the car, then you ought to have a claim of some sort against them as the warranty was not actually valid at the point of sale, and thus you were buying it under false pretences. If the dodgy service took place after purchase but before delivery, then they have damaged the goods. Either way, assuming that they are responsible for the damage, they clearly have a case to answer. If you are still making payments to them you have further leverage, which is helpful.

I would seriously consider a chat with Citizen's Advice or Trading Standards, who should be able to offer some qualified assistance.

Edited by Problem_Polo :-/ on 08/07/2011 at 01:47

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - TheOilBurner

How does the Citroën dealer know that the oil is incorrect? Is there specific evidence to prove this? If not, then you're going to be bouncing between Carworld and Citroën with little hope of getting any joy from either party.

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - madf

Under law your contract is with Carworld.

They sold you a car clealry iunfit for purpose. You need to take legal action // and get proper legal advice to sue themm in the Small Claims Court.

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - hcm

If Carworld say it's not their problem then I would suggest you join a consumer group legal help service. For around £80 a year you get unlimited phone, or more usefully, email communication with a designated legal expert. With an awkward dealership and the hassle factor it is easy to end up accepting less than you are legally entitled to. Having an emotionally detached expert telling you what to say is priceless.

I suspect most dealers would drag their feet in this position as they've got little to lose. Many customers can't be bothered for a fight and the dealer does not lose anything by waiting until they've got a small claims court file on their desk before caving in.

Be patient, persistent and polite at every stage and only communicate with them via email or letter.

An independent vehicle assessor's report would hopefully back up Citroen's claim that the oil was responsible. These cost about £125. If it gets to the stage of requiring one you will be probably ending up in the small claims court. You are allowed to include in your claim a certain amount / type of cost - I think the £125 for the report would be covered.

Edited by ho chi minh on 11/07/2011 at 11:20

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - barney100

Go easy and reasonable at first. If you bought it last December with a years warranty you should have no problem....six months then you may have. If Carworld used the wrong oil then surely it is down to them however, I can't see how the type of oil used can be ascertained without analysis. I would say Carworld are the responsible ones and should fix the car for you as they supplied the vehicle. If they refuse then it is time to get a soilictors advice which yiou can get cheaply thriough citizens advice, usually a solicitors letter does the trick.

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - hcm

"I can't see how the type of oil used can be ascertained without analysis."

A service receipt will often show the oil used.

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - JOGON

Peugeot Citroen (PSA) are a bunch of shysters selling duffers. See my woes with a Pug 107. Once bitten etc. Get rid and stay away, they don't deserve the business, and you oughtn't to have the grief. The new Hyundais are good, loaded with kit, great warranty and defect free (ours are anyway..). Proper jap makes all good too (but not the 'joint-venture-with-Toyota C1/107).

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - Collos25

Rather a rash statement I would bet there are umpteen thousands of satisfied PAS customers directly using their products and indirectly in other makes.I for one have had many PAS products and apart from a clutch in my last 407 nothing major to report.Also there are people on this web site who would swear by 107's, a pizza delivery company near me has had no bother with their 107's the same cannot be said about the Smart and the Hyundais they had .

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - unthrottled

Why does anyone buy a smart when you can buy a properly made small car that isn't awful to drive- far more practical and is just as economical?

I think that if you tack 'i', 'eco', 'intelligent', 'activ'(sic) or 'smart' on to any old piece of rubbish, some mug will think it is a paradigm shifting piece of engineering and buy it.

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - Chickenwire

We bought a Citroen C3 back in November 2004 from Wingrove Motors in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Within the first year of its life, my partner noticed a warning light and approached the dealer for advice; they advised her it was safe to drive. Later that night on the A1 at Stannington, we lost all electrical power and lights. We had to coast, in the dark, to the Blagdon turn off. Luckily the AA came to our rescue.

Then, during a service, their technicians failed to tighten the brake fluid cap (behind the rear wheel) and we eventually broke down; thankfully without smashing into an onrushing truck at a junction.

Further problems with the front suspension (total collapse) and the catalytic converter meant that car went by the wayside and we traded it for a two year old BMW 116 in November 2008 (Fawdington's of Newcastle (now defunct).

The Beemer, despite being dreadful in the snow and ice was totally reliable. They lost out due to poor service and so... that's just been traded in for a new Lexus CT200h. I'll keep you posted how the service and reliabilty goes with that one...

Edited by Avant on 12/07/2011 at 22:06

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - Avant

Chickenwire - welcome to the forum.

Sorry I've had to edit your post, but we have to be careful about 'naming and shaming' dealers. It's OK to state facts, as in the comments about Carworld above, and these usually tell the story well enough. But we ask posters not to make subjective comments, particularly about people's behaviour or attitude, which I know all too often falls short of acceptable.

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso - warranty woes - bonzo dog

Hi, sorry to hear of your troubles.

Forget Carworld for a minute.

Have Citroen UK (not a dealer) put in writing exactly why they are refusing a warranty claim?

If so what have they said?

If not, get it in writing off Citroen UK - NOT a dealer