Audi A3 1.9tdi - Temp gauge - richiek

Hi all. I just picked up a cheap X reg Audi A3 1.9tdi for a run around. When I start it up - even from cold - within a minute the warning symbol and beep from the dash come on saying I should check the coolant levels and the temp gauge shoots across to 120 degrees. The coolant is not low, the water in the system is still cold and the car still drives normally so I take it this is just a sensor problem which I presume is the one in the top of the expansion bottle, or is it? Can anyone confirm this or tell me different?

Audi A3 1.9tdi - Temp gauge - Peter D

Right hand side of engine just behind the vacuum reservoir, 4 pin connector. Remove and turn then engine on, the sensor may have gone short circuit. I need the engine code of the ID label in the spare wheel bay I have assumed AHF. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 18/05/2011 at 13:03

Hi, thanks Peter. The engine code is ASV and I can't find the 4 pin connector you are refering to.

Yep it is in the same place on that engine as well. I suggest you post up your email address, perhaps with a couple of spaces in it to avoid phishing, and I'll send you the diagram.

Regards Peter

Thanks Peter, that's very good of you. Please email to jenniferk @ blueyonder.co.uk and I'll have a go at it.

Regards Rich

Check your emails. Regards Peter

Nothing yet mate!

Hi, any luck with that diagram yet Peter? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this problem. Regards, Rich.

It was sent at 0948 hrs on the 19th.I'll send it again. Check you got your email address right. Regards Peter

Nothing mate. Try richkk @ blueyonder.co.uk obviously without the gaps before and after the @.