Talbot Peugeot J5 - Talbot/Peugeot J5 Campervan Gearbox removal - bentalbot

Hi, I am trying to remove the gearbox on My 1990 Talbot campervan LHD. The vehicle has the auxillary driver pulley on the n/s (drivers) of the engine. There is a shaft that runs out of the engine and through the top of the bellhousing for the gearbox which is supported by a bearing bracket. I have removed all driveshafts, starter, bell housing bolts ect. The only thing holding the gearbox on is this shaft from the engine. I have removed the 3 bolts that support the bearing on the shaft but it still wound budge. I didint want to put a puller on it, to save the risk of cracking it as its only made of ally. I hope someone else has encountered this problem and will be able to advise me. I have 6 years experience as a Maindealer mechanic, 4 of them working on french c$%p, and as yet, never seen anything like this. PLEASE HELP!!! - p.s - I have a picture of the shaft I can e-mail if this will help.

Talbot Peugeot J5 - Talbot/Peugeot J5 Campervan Gearbox removal - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Talbot Peugeot J5 - Talbot/Peugeot J5 Campervan Gearbox removal - kutjesbeffen

hi, i have the same problem did you find out how to remove the part?

i have tried everything but it won't budge.

Talbot Peugeot J5 - Talbot/Peugeot J5 Campervan Gearbox removal - organgirl

We are in this predicament trying to remove gearbox now. I can `phone you if you like this is my first time on a forum.Organgirl