2003 Skoda Octavia - 1.9tdi - Octavia Turbo Problem??? - u1112211

I have a 2003 turbo diesel octavia which seems to have developed a turbo problem resulting in a lack of power under acceleration.

When accelerating what i assume is the turbo seems to stutter a couple of times before 'winding up' properly. It sounds as though there is air escaping or not moving through the system properly.

this has been getting gradually worse from only happening every now and then to happen almost constantly.

Can anyone offer any advice or a route I can go down to try and pinpoint the problem.

Thanks

2003 Skoda Octavia - 1.9tdi - Octavia Turbo Problem??? - craig-pd130

Could be a split pipe from turbo - intercooler or intercooler - inlet. Have a look under the bonnet for thick black rubber pipes that have oily crud on them. If you're hearing a pronounced hissing sound, it's almost certainly an air leak.

Or it could be a faulty boost pressure control solenoid (known as the N75 valve).

2003 Skoda Octavia - 1.9tdi - Octavia Turbo Problem??? - unthrottled

Craig-agreed. But turbos don't really 'stutter'. Could be a faulty EGR valve. If the intake manifold is full of exhaust gas, the engine will stumble when load is applied.

2003 Skoda Octavia - 1.9tdi - Octavia Turbo Problem??? - u1112211
To try and clarify.
When accelerating it is a similar feeling to hitting the rev limiter a couple of times and then it accelerates.
Also there are no engine management lights on.
2003 Skoda Octavia - 1.9tdi - Octavia Turbo Problem??? - footballcrazy92

i just repairs a exact same as this on an 2002 plate octavia the is little thin pipes just below the windscreen when bonnet is open and one of them blew off the vacuum making it have an air leak and no boost if u have a thin pipe that isnt connected to anything that will be your problem