Where do I stand? - michael8626

I had a vehicle seized last year because my driving licence had been allegedly revoked in 2006, something that I strenuously deny.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=84926#...5

It went to court, I pleaded not guilty, and the court dismissed the matter because the ‘prosecution offered no evidence in relation to an allegation that you drove a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a driving licence’.

When my vehicle was seized I was told I could not drive, I posted my old paper licence back to the DVLA and they ‘fast tracked’ my new photo-card licence within seven days. I could not work during this time and I was out of pocket after also paying to get my vehicle back.

Am I entitled to make a complaint against my local constabulary who seized the vehicle and also seek to recover my losses?

Where do I stand? - LucyBC

There are too many similar cases to this coming before the courts. The police will often settle them without any admission of liability if you make a complaint as can show thew facts were as you have them.

Where do I stand? - michael8626
Thanks for that.

I was looking to try to reclaim the vehicle release fee and loss of earnings for the six days when I was unable to drive.

Do you think this would be a realistic claim?

Would a simple letter of complaint suffice?
Where do I stand? - LucyBC
They almost never admit liability so if you issue proceedings they will probably fight it.

A complaint letter outlining your loss is your starting point. You will have a better chance of succeeding on the release fee rather than the loss of earnings which they may well quibble.