Skoda Yeti - New car: third keeper - Thinking Squirrel

I received delivery of a new Skoda Yeti from an approved dealer in October 2010. Numerous enquiries about the V5C's whereabouts led to my finally receiving it 4 months later. It was then that I discovered that I am the third keeper.

The dealer has been less than helpful until now but have now asked that I sign the V5C and send it to them so that they can sort it out with the DVLA. They still cannot guarantee that I will be the first and only keeper.

I did not buy a pre-registered car.

What is my best course of action?

Skoda Yeti - New car: third keeper - bonzo dog

Hi TS, sorry to hear of your predicament; a few questions if I may:

1. When you say "Approved Dealer" do you mean it was a dealer holding the Skoda franchise?
  2. Does your invoice state the word "NEW"?
  3. Who are the previous keepers (I'm not asking for their names but private individual, the Skoda dealer, a lease firm, Skoda UK etc)

You see different people have different interpretations of what a "NEW" car is. Mine is that the buyer is the first registered keeper but others take the view that pre-reg cars are "NEW", others still that the keepers are irrelavent as long as it has only a nominal mileage on it.

Skoda Yeti - New car: third keeper - Thinking Squirrel

1. It was a dealer holding the Skoda franchise.

2. Yes it states NEW

3. The previous keepers are ( i) Some unknown to me company, (ii) my name with the unknown company, (iii) my name

My interpretation of new matches yours. Anything else is not what I agreed to or purchased.

Skoda Yeti - New car: third keeper - bonzo dog

Hi again TS, bizzare!!!!!

Sounds like it's either an error which can be resolved by DVLA issuing correct documentation with you as the first registered keeper or ......

if the car has been registered to someone else first, I would reject the car & ask for another genuine NEW one as per your agreement with the dealer.

Good luck

Skoda Yeti - New car: third keeper - LucyBC
You should be the first registered keeper. You need to go back to the dealership and get them to resolve it with the DVLA so you are listed as the first RK and they reissue the V5 accordingly. Or you reject the car.

Contact me via asklucy@honestjohn.co.uk if you need help with this.
Skoda Yeti - New car: third keeper - SlidingPillar

Smacks of an DVLA error when entering the data, instead of deleting the operator just created 'new keepers' till he/she/it got it right. Lucy's advice is bang as a dealer should carry more weight with DVLA.

A private individual will eventual get sucess, but it took me 3 months to get typo's corrected on the V5 of my vintage car.