VW mk2 Golf 1300 transistorized ignition system - ignition coil wiring - golf-driver

I have an ignition fault in the low tension circuit.

Does anyone know where the + & - LT leads from the coil go as I want to check these? I am not refering to the + & - LT leads that go to the ignition switch module.

VW mk2 Golf 1300 transistorized ignition system - ignition coil wiring - elekie&a/c doctor

The black ignition supply wire (+ on the coil)comes from the rear of the fuse box.The - on the coil ,usually a green wire,returns back the the ignition amplifier module.hth

VW mk2 Golf 1300 transistorized ignition system - ignition coil wiring - golf-driver

There is a red/black lead from the negative coil terminal, where does this go and what is it's function? It doesn't go to earth with the ignition switch on or off.

VW mk2 Golf 1300 transistorized ignition system - ignition coil wiring - elekie&a/c doctor

If this wire is on the neg side of the coil,then it can only go to the ignition amplfier as this is the switched side of the coil.On a conventional points system,this would go to the dizzy.hth

From the negative side of the coil a green wire goes to the ignition switching module as you have stated, but there is also this red/black wire from the same terminal that seems to route towards the relay/fuse box area.

From the positive side the black wire goes to the fuse box area.

A red/black wire on these is usually a starter signal cable.Can it be disconnected or is it part of a plastic formed plug?There doesn,t need to be any other wires on the neg terminal ,apart from the green ,to make it spark.hth

The red/black wire was disconnected but this had no effect. My problem is that the distributor hall sensor does not switch when I slowly hand turn the engine (voltmeter at the correct ignition switch amplifier terminals just shows a flat 10v). I have bench tested the distributor hall sensor and it switched when I supplied a dc voltage of 5V & 10V and turned the rotor arm. So the hall sensor is not at fault. I also used another second hand distributor and the same results occur. I also used another second hand ignition switch amplifier and same results occured. The coil has the correct ohmage ratings. When I first did the tests the volts supplied to the hall sensor was 5V but now it's always 10V. When I measured the volts at the coil it first gave 2 volts then 0 volts (as expected) when I switched on the ignition but now it gives 5 volts then 0 volts. How is this possible?

The red/black wire was disconnected but this had no effect.

My problem is that the distributor hall sensor does not switch when I slowly hand turn the engine (voltmeter at the correct ignition switch amplifier terminals just shows a flat 10v).

I have bench tested the distributor hall sensor and it switched when I supplied a dc voltage of 5V & 10V and turned the rotor arm. So the hall sensor is not at fault. I also used another second hand distributor and the same above results occur.

I also used another second hand ignition switch amplifier and same results occured.

The coil has the correct ohmage ratings. All leads have been checked.

When I first did the tests the volts supplied to the hall sensor was 5V but now it's always 10V. When I measured the volts at the coil it first gave 2 volts then 0 volts (as expected) when I switched on the ignition but now it gives 5 volts then 0 volts. How is this possible?