Nissan Primera II - £2000 to spend chop or fix? - oberland

Hi all,

I have been given £2000 in a will !

My question is should I spend up to £2000 doing the car up, it is a 2003 Primera with 106,000 on the clock, and apart from some kindly person having reversed into it in a car park leaving me with a dent and no address, it's been very good, it is still on it's original clutch and mechanically sound, anyway should I spend the money having the clutch changed and other bits done to give the car a second lease of life, or chop it in and add the two grand to the price on a new(ish) car?

Any thoughts?

Nissan Primera II - £2000 to spend chop or fix? - unthrottled

Does the clutch need changed? If so, leave it. £2000 isn't enough to buy what you want. Anything you buy at that price is a gamblt. The most economical car is normally the one sitting on your drive! Put the £2k in the bank and drive the primera until it dies. Forget trade in value, CO2 ratings, official mpg figures. Depreciation is still the biggest cost for most cars-the only way to avoid that is to stop replacing the existing one unnecesarily!

Boring, I know :(

Nissan Primera II - £2000 to spend chop or fix? - Vitesse6

Agree with that, no point spending money to fix what ain't broke. Keep the money and spend it if and when you need to.

Nissan Primera II - £2000 to spend chop or fix? - bathtub tom

I have to support the views above.

I bought a KIA Pride for fifty quid four years ago. I hope it makes the next MOT.