Vauxhall Corsa C - Heating problem - Paul Hak

Hi

Can anybody out there give me advice concerning a heating problem I'm experiencing with my 1.0L Corsa C? I use the car for commuting every week and never experience warm air from the blower even though the journey is 45 minutes to an hour.

I appreciate the weather is extreme at the moment and it would be reasonable for the car to take longer than usual to "warm up" but I'm guessing that the problem, if it has one, will continue when the arctic conditions subside?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Vauxhall Corsa C - Heating problem - Falkirk Bairn

Airlock, gunged up heater matrix, faulty valve on entry to bulkhead, thermostat...........all possible,

Vauxhall Corsa C - Heating problem - injection doc

does tha gauge show normal temp ? if not suspect thermostat. If the gauge is normal within 10 mins then iether blocked heater rad, airlocked, low water level or heater control cable broken or out of adjustment.

To be honest I haven't used the car for a few days and can't remember if the gauge goes normal after 10 mins or so, however I've got plenty of options which you've pointed out.

Appreciate the feed back, I'll crack on with some festive fault finding now, many thanks!

Vauxhall Corsa C - Heating problem - Victorbox

We have a 2002 1 litre Corsa C and it is the quickest engine I've ever known to warm up and when warm is almost too hot on top setting even in the current cold weather. Thermostat would be first place to start. When was coolant last emptied, system flushed through and antifreeze replaced? Temperature gauge should sit between one quarter mark and half way mark after two to three miles.

Edited by Victorbox on 24/12/2010 at 18:31

I've never emptied the coolant out in the 18 months I've owned the car, and I'd have a good guess the previous owner didn't bother either. Its something that I'll have to do so I can travel to work in some comfort after the holiday period......

Vauxhall Corsa C - Heating problem - Victorbox

Remember to use same type of antifreeze as in there already unless you flush completely as pink/red OAT stuff and earlier green/blue ethylene glycol type don't mix. Our 2002 Corsa had pink/red OAT antifreeze from new so this is changed every 5 years. You'll need to start with the thermostat first I would have thought if your temperature gauge isn't reading almost up to halfway after a few miles.

Vauxhall Corsa C - Heating problem - 1litregolfeater

How far?

Vauxhall Corsa C - Heating problem - jikky

Mine is the same. Even on a motorway trip it's only just warm enough and although the gauge shows 1/4 it doest throw out much heat..

I've changed the thermostat but no difference. What else could it be ?

Thanks

Ian