Vauxhall Astra Estate - dodgy dealer?? - andyrooke

hello

i was sold a car last week by a local dealer, i traded my car in as part exchange and bought a car from them. i was told by salesman that he had put six months road tax on my car, and i would recive the disc in the post 3-4day later and i drove the car away. i have since found out by the DVLA that no application had been made and that i had infact been driving around un taxed..the tax expired on this veichle on the 31/08/2010..has any body else ever had this done to them? and if so what action did you take against the dealer??

thank you.

Vauxhall Astra Estate - dodgy dealer?? - LucyBC

Go back and tell them to tax it. Say you will hold them responsible for any penalties you recieve as a result.

Don't deal with the salesman on this - deal with the proprietor or sales manager.

Vauxhall Astra Estate - dodgy dealer?? - bonzo dog

Hi Andy, does your invoice and order form state the road tax is included?

Vauxhall Astra Estate - dodgy dealer?? - andyrooke

hi

thanks for your replys. yes it does, i puchased the car from a major national company which i thought was a respectable company ha..i drove the car away on 29/10/2010 and had to go back the next day to report a lot of defects with the car to the dealer..rangeing from missing bulbs,trim bits and a broken heater, even worse i noticed and it was confirmed by vauxhall that the rear seat belt was broken..i was sold the car with a supposedly 7months MOT i had to take the car back to have defects rectified and they told me they had lost the MOT certificate and that it only had a few days at most to run!!!

And vauxhall also confirmed that the brakes were also 80% worn!!! and i was told by the service team that i bought the car as sold as seen..i have told the garage i want to return the car,and get my money back tradeing standards are now involved.

Edited by andyrooke on 08/11/2010 at 17:09

Vauxhall Astra Estate - dodgy dealer?? - LucyBC
If a dealer sold it to you it cannot be "sold as seen".