Nissan Almera 2000-2002 Petrol 1.5L - Flat spot @ 1500 rpm - raku_9
I recently bought a
Nissan Almera 2000-2002 Petrol 1.5L
When the engine gets to 1500 rpm, there is no power build up at all and it takes somewhere around 4 seconds to pick up and move to higher rpm. This is felt more on 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gears. It is more pronounced during the start of the jouney.
The Timing chain was changed recently
It did run out of petrol recently
There is an oil leak after the engine stops on the left hand side of the engine from the head. (The mechanic feels it needs a head gasket replacement for stopping the oil leak)

An engine management check returned a "Faulty Crank Sensor" but the mechanic feels it could not be the crank sensor but may be the timing chain etc. But these bits prove to be costlier than the value of the car to be repaired.

Could you please advice what could be the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Nissan Almera 2000-2002 Petrol 1.5L - Flat spot @ 1500 rpm - Collos25

If its done it since the timeing chain was change then the timing is probably out if not its anybodys guess.

Nissan Almera 2000-2002 Petrol 1.5L - Flat spot @ 1500 rpm - raku_9
Thanks for the reply.
The timing chain was changed by the previous owner and I was told that there was not any problems with it.
Is there any way I can assertain what is the root cause
Nissan Almera 2000-2002 Petrol 1.5L - Flat spot @ 1500 rpm - injection doc
I would be inclined to check the cam timing first! a bit suspicious that it has thrwon up crank sensor issue and may be a corrolation between the two if the timing is out.
having said that cam & crank sensors are known issues and should be replaced as a pair but timing chains are also just as common.
Air flow meter would be my second port of call to check for response, but also have a listen to the exhaust when someone revs it hard, if there is a wooshing sound you may have a partial blockage in the exhaust.
So check chain timing first the have someone with a diagnostic tool or scope chacjk the response from the airflow meter. ( could try cleaning it with electrical cleaner )
Nissan Almera 2000-2002 Petrol 1.5L - Flat spot @ 1500 rpm - bathtub tom

The OP's admitted in another thread he's got vacuum pipes disconnected and there appears to be a part of his induction system missing!