Ford Fiesta - 1997 Fiesta 1.3 Endura E pushrod - Oh deary me!
I wipped off the rocker cover to adjust the noisy tappets, and after extracting the sheared remains of the spark plug from the block, I found that the number 2 inlet pushrod was sat about half an inch lower than the rest of them. I took off the rocker and took out the push rod and it looked ok, not bent / snapped or worn. When I replaced it, it seated as well as all the others. So I replaced the rocker and the only way I could get it to make contact with the pushrod and get the correct ish clearance was by fully screwing in the adjustment screw. Can anybody tell me the cause of this and how long it may last in this conditon?! It seems to be running ok now but hesitates at higher revs. Also intermitant heat from the vents??? Anyone want to buy it??? lol
Ford Fiesta - 1997 Fiesta 1.3 Endura E pushrod - Peter D

The sheared spark plug could be the probem. Has any part of the plug dropped into the cylinder and bend a valve. Do you have any compression on that pot. Regards Peter

No debris entered the engine and the compression is all good, as I say, it seems to run fine at lower revs, it's top end it hesitates. other than that it runs nice and smooth if still a bit tappety! Cheers though!
Ford Fiesta - 1997 Fiesta 1.3 Endura E pushrod - madf

Probably one cam on the camshaft has worn through the case hardening... If so the valve will never fully... and will be down on power..

Solution: new camshaft or replacemnen engine. Cost: prohibitive...

Ford Fiesta - 1997 Fiesta 1.3 Endura E pushrod - Peter D

it will also restrict the inlet opening to will run lean at higher rpm's. Regards Peter

I'll give changing the Camshaft a go I think. Anyone know where I can get one at a half decent price? Salisbury / Southampton area. Cheers for your help lads.

A complete engine may be cheaper...

That's what I thought, and easier but the only quotes I can seem to find are for a reconditioned unit with a fitted price of £695!!! I don't want it fitted!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Any thunks?
It's done 300 miles since this whole debacle started and still seems to be ok, but I don't think it'll last long!

Look on ebay: LOTS for c £150...

lol, WHY are they all in York / Wakefield??? Must be new technology for them!!! Cheers for your help.