Thatcham alarm... - tpac
I have a Shogun with a thatcham alarm, all of a sudden the alarm has gone very quiet, the beeps for the central locking and alarm setting is still very loud but just the alarm itself is very quiet.
It was in the dealers last week, is there anyway perhaps they could have turned it down?
Thanks in advance.
Thatcham alarm... - Peter D
no they could not have turned it down. but they could have pressure washed your vehicle and injected water into the piezo sounder. Works to half a second then shuts up . check it out.

Peter
Thatcham alarm... - tpac
"Works to half a second then shuts up . check it out."
Sorry dont get the half a second bit??
Also as I said the bliping for the remote locking is as loud as ever, just the alarm?
If it is water that has caused it what can one do about it?
Ta very much.
Thatcham alarm... - cos
I had a scorpion alarm on my old mk2 golf gti. This was a thatcham approved and you could have the alarm on a quiet or a loud setting using the key.
Thatcham alarm... - tpac
Excelent, I remember the Mitsy dealer saying it had a key to turn on/off, will check first thing..... thanks!
Thatcham alarm... - tpac
Unfortunatly it did not work! The key had 2 settings, 1 for on and 1 for off (although it did not seem to turn it off!)
It does not seem to have a peizo speaker either, just a square box with the speaker built in!
Thatcham alarm... - jud
I have a factory fit alarm, the sounder has never been loud, normal the garage says due to the noise pollution act.
Thatcham alarm... - tpac
Hi Jud,
Suppose I can sort of appreciate that, problem with mine though is at one point it was loud, but went quiet over night! I think one has more chance of noticing the hazards flashing than hearing the alarm! Dont think it is the speaker as I say the remote central locking still beeps very loudly!
Guess I will have to consult the experts.
Thanks to all.