Renault 5 - Buyanycar.com - bvpainter

I think buyanycar.com's adverts are rather misleading. I wanted to get rid of my wife's Renault 5, old but in very good condition. There best offer was £50.00, however there is a £49.50 service charge, so I would have ended up with £5.00, if I was lucky.

The answer is that they are really only interested in buying fairly new cars.

Renault 5 - Buyanycar.com - BobL

They always give values lower than would normally be obtained through auction. They also have to make a profit and pay for contract with auction house. Selling privately or even cleaning up your own car and entering it into auction will net you a better price than buyanycar.. Even their best offer will be knocked down after their pre purchase inspection

Renault 5 - Buyanycar.com - bazza1603

Is it a decent 5? and are you close to Newcastle?

Always had a soft spot for them...

Renault 5 - Buyanycar.com - mrnikko

If its a half decent Renault 5 put it on e bay in the classic section or contact any of the classic Renault clubs and I think you will find some willing buyers.

Great cars all round were the Renault 5 my mum had a 5 GTL for many years and she loved it.

Renault 5 - Buyanycar.com - Stropley

Anybody who sells to this lot must be really desperate. Out of interest I ran my car through their online valuation and it came back offering £1900. As previously mentioned they undoubtedly would've knocked that down even further on inspection.

The next day I sold it privately for 4800!

Does anybody know what they do with the cars after they've raped the former owners?

Haven't seen a '5' on the road for ages - shame.

Renault 5 - Buyanycar.com - Dutchie

The cars they buy problaby go to auction or where ever.Nice marketing on the tellly.Take it with a pinch of salt from a £1900 offer for your car and you selling for £4800 thats why they are in this business.The problem is that a lot of people can't cope with selling a car private.Strangers to arriving at your house.And a lot of car dealers arn't that over generous paying for a part exchance car.When it comes to money there are a lot of sharks out there.