Camry 2.4 vvti - Camry petrol 2.4 vvti 2002 - Gregory II

I have a problem with my car, whereby it gives the following fault from the code reader “Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)”.

I have been able to obtain the following values from the sensors etc after the codes were removed:

Absolute throttle position 15.1%

Ignition timing 10º advance

Short term fuel trim bank 1 2.34% lean

Long term fuel trim bank 1 10.94% rich

Intake air temperature 35ºc

Bank 1 sensor 2 0.720 V

Before the codes were removed, the values at the point of the DTC occurring were:

Absolute throttle position 15.1%

Ignition timing 10º advance

Short term fuel trim bank 1 3.91% rich

Long term fuel trim bank 1 8.59% rich

Engine speed 1808.50 Rpm

Vehicle speed 25 Mpg

Intake air temperature 31ºc

I look forward to any feedback.

Greg

I hope someone might be able to shed some light on this error code. I would be really grateful for any information that might be forthcoming!

Camry 2.4 vvti - Camry petrol 2.4 vvti 2002 - madf

Try Toyota Owners Club.

I have tried posting on the Toyota Forum, but I have had no responses. I wonder if someone here might be able to shed further light, or recommend another forum that might be able to aid me further.

Best regards
Greg
Camry 2.4 vvti - Camry petrol 2.4 vvti 2002 - elekie&a/c doctor

You have not specified a dtc trouble code ,but it would probably be P0240.Catalyst efficiency fault.Usually indicates a fault with the cat,but not severe enough to fail the mot emission test.hth

Camry 2.4 vvti - Camry petrol 2.4 vvti 2002 - unthrottled

Fuel 'trim' is the feedback correction made by the lambda sensor compared to what the MAF predicted was required.

One of the following sensors is faulty:

Temperature sensor.

MAF

Lambda (O2)

OR

You have a leak in the exhaust system upstream of the catalytic converter.

The ECU is enrichening the mixture (+X%) because the lambda sensor is reporting excessive oxygen in the exhaust.