Audi A4 Allroad - sticking valve or rocker arm - wattie

3.0 litre v-6 petrol, showing low compression on number 1 cylinder, spoke to a couple of people and they suggested the cheaper option first with an engine flush and then an oil change, which i have done, other than that its a costly bill for a strip down, timing belt was changed at 65k so thats ok, now done 97k, any ideas people, thanks in advance, wattie.

Audi A4 Allroad - sticking valve or rocker arm - piston power

Was the test done wet and dry?

Is it top end or bottom?

Audi A4 Allroad - sticking valve or rocker arm - Peter D

How low, actual figures required. What effect on the running does it have. Engine cade required from the ID label in the Spare Wheel bay or the service book. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 19/08/2010 at 09:56

Audi A4 Allroad - sticking valve or rocker arm - wattie

just dry, the guy has told me he took the plug out and had a camera in and the valve was sticking open, then as original question someone mentioned it could be a sticking rocker arm, again thanks in advance, wattie.

Audi A4 Allroad - sticking valve or rocker arm - Peter D

I suspect this is a BBJ engine code and there are no rocker arms it uses hydraulic tappet buckets. A sticking valve is either excess carbon on the valve stem, a failed bucket, a broken valve sprint or debris in the head. Can you tell be which cylinder is the valve sticking and is it inlet or exhaust and confirm or supply the engine code. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 21/08/2010 at 07:37